Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Davidabricot Off topics  (Read 4169 times)

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Davidabricot Off topics
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2020, 02:10:14 PM »
Although it is a couple of hours drive from me, I am following RC Vannes with interest. They made the 'barrage' last season and are currenly in 6th place in ProD2.

Davidabricot

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2020, 04:08:53 PM »
Although it is a couple of hours drive from me, I am following RC Vannes with interest. They made the 'barrage' last season and are currenly in 6th place in ProD2.

This is really nice because they are newbie in the professional world. In a few years they became known for developing a good play. For sure, the ProD2 is far better than the top14 which is too much locked in the scheme ruck/TMO/ruck/TMO.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2020, 04:56:17 PM »
As much as I'd like one I haven't got a house in France either of though I do visit there every year on my motorcycle. I've spent a lot of time riding through the Central Massif and South West France. The roads are fantastic for bikes and Rocamadour is beautiful.

I've planned a trip for the Pyrenees but with Ferry bookings already filling up fast and my riding pals not yet committed that one will probably be next year now.

Northern France is a bit monotonous biking wise but the Massif Central (the heat in the middle of summer can be draining) was eye opening.. not only that nearly all car drivers are so curteous and almost jump out of your way.

Things may have changed but the french bikers don't have the "nod" but use a different sign of recognition.. as soon as I realised they weren't being offensive I fully embraced it.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2020, 05:02:44 PM »
Heathen, are you near Rouen? I understand they have a project to get them into the Top 14 masterminded by Richard Hill the demi.

Davidabricot

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2020, 06:58:23 PM »
A lot of clubs want to scale up to the top14. But finally, only Grenoble and USAP do it. This year they are not well ranked in the table. But this is a quite big city, they have the power to go to the top14.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2020, 06:59:07 PM »
Backdoc, our place sits midway between Rouen and Vannes. Roughly 2hours in each direction. Rouen is a place that I try to avoid - traffic is diabolical.