Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Enough of Salarycens, Back To Wasps  (Read 2490 times)

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
Enough of Salarycens, Back To Wasps
« on: January 21, 2020, 04:10:04 PM »
They drain my energy, having just listened to Venter on The Rugby Pod, he's as big a knob off the pitch as he was on it...so, important block of games coming up, some bottom fodder Vs bottom fodder fixtures. We have some winnable games coming up to separate from the dregs and dare i say challenge the 6th spot.

I dont expect many changes from the drubbing.
Gaskell to start for me, will be well rested and bring a lot, especially with Launch missing.
Sops looking better the last couple of games, good timing. Might see JdJ at 13 if Fekitoa has a knock, Gops to start at 12 again. Thought Miller had a decent outing, I expect to see him retain that jersey even with Minozzi back.
The 9 jersey..i'd like to see if a change helps our play, maybe Wolly to start, Dan as bench option if things aren't working out?
We have a clear front and back row, so no change required.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Enough of Salarycens, Back To Wasps
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2020, 04:41:25 PM »
Yes, it's a shame Fekitoa has picked up a knock just as he seemed to be finding his feet and hitting some form.  Fingers crossed he will be OK for Wuss, but if not, JdeJ is a good guy to have in reserve.  I just hope that whatever team is picked, that they play with the same fluency as they did against Agen.

After Wuss we have 2 weekends off so anyone mentioned as touch and go for this weekend should be fit and raring to go.  Leicester away and Sarries at home fall at a good time for Wasps as both will be hit much harder by international call ups (plus Skelton now banned for Sarries too).

Then it's Irish away and Glaws at home before another week off.

I'd say all of 5 those are winnable, but it's the 3 away games that are crucial.  2 wins from 3 on the road and at least one at home and we'll be in good shape.  That is a tall order though.

Harry the wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 06:40:56 PM »
Having just listened to Venter I'm not sure what planet he's on or who he's trying to kid. You could drive a bus through his arguments and full marks to Andy G for being so diplomatic with him.
Only supporting teams beginning with a W.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 06:49:53 PM »
Agree, waste of interview.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2020, 06:52:39 PM »
Yes, it's a shame Fekitoa has picked up a knock just as he seemed to be finding his feet and hitting some form.  Fingers crossed he will be OK for Wuss, but if not, JdeJ is a good guy to have in reserve.  I just hope that whatever team is picked, that they play with the same fluency as they did against Agen.

After Wuss we have 2 weekends off so anyone mentioned as touch and go for this weekend should be fit and raring to go.  Leicester away and Sarries at home fall at a good time for Wasps as both will be hit much harder by international call ups (plus Skelton now banned for Sarries too).

Then it's Irish away and Glaws at home before another week off.

I'd say all of 5 those are winnable, but it's the 3 away games that are crucial.  2 wins from 3 on the road and at least one at home and we'll be in good shape.  That is a tall order though.
Skelton free to play week before we play them.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2020, 07:42:12 PM »
Yes, I'd go in with Gaskell and Rowlands. Robson is a certain starter at 9 and I think away to Wuss I'd like to go in with Bassett and Watson on the wings. Minozzi at FB for me. The cheats scenario has taken some of the heat out of these games so we've just got to target top 6 now.

petros

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2020, 07:42:40 PM »
Skelton is free to play on Monday, 24 February subject to appeals, our fixture is Friday 21st

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2020, 08:05:31 PM »
Skelton is free to play on Monday, 24 February subject to appeals, our fixture is Friday 21st
I stand corrected...good news.

Shugs Watson is out with an Achilles i think

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2020, 09:56:11 PM »
I stand corrected...good news.

Shugs Watson is out with an Achilles i think
Thanks - hadn't picked that up. Kibirige certainly brings something but I worry about him defensively - especially away.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2020, 10:28:57 PM »
Looks like Odogwu could be fit and without Fekitoa he would bring a bit of gnarle.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2020, 10:41:19 PM »
Looks like Odogwu could be fit and without Fekitoa he would bring a bit of gnarle.

As long as it is not feer first!
Let me tell you something cucumber