Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wuss Injury list for Sat  (Read 4577 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wuss Injury list for Sat
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2020, 11:49:52 AM »
Some things are more important than what colour shirt someone wears.

Way more important.

+1
Let me tell you something cucumber

petros

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2020, 02:08:29 PM »
That's an interesting comment about studs locking on the surface of the pitch. It is reminiscent of a horror story I heard of someone playing on the tennis courts at Bisham Abbey ( a strange composite surface) where they attempted to turn to play a shot but their shoe stuck where it was resulting in a badly broken ankle.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2020, 02:15:15 PM »
It pales into insignificance compared to the horrific injury that Michael Fatialofa sustained, but could the length of the Warrior's injury list have anything to do with the fact that they play their home games on the dreaded plastic pitch?

There is certainly a continual rumbling around the subject. Specifically, players have been reported as feeling that footing is less likely to give under pressure, ie studs seem to lock into the surface on occasion. All apocryphal of course, not claimed as inside information.

Seemed to be at least a contribution to the Willis injury at Sarries. I've played different sports on different surfaces - and playing tennis - never felt happy on artificial compared to clay or (rarely!) grass as they allowed for "give" in twisting and turning

I'd have hated to have played as a prop on plastic, wouldn't have felt safe.

But more data needed

TeflonTed

• Worcester Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2020, 07:33:45 PM »
I’ve added today’s medical update on Fats to the new “contact for the Fatialofa family” thread, kindly started by Hymenoptera.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2020, 10:45:31 PM »
I’ve added today’s medical update on Fats to the new “contact for the Fatialofa family” thread, kindly started by Hymenoptera.

Thank you!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here