Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1811 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: January 25, 2020, 07:37:02 AM »
Morning all after what has been a momentus week we are back to wondering who will be bottom after this round (discounting the cheats of course).

Not feeling too optimistic must say but will be following on the internet.

Anyone travelling have a good one.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 07:47:09 AM »
Morning all.

Going to be another grey damp day. Nervous about this game. Depends on which head we are wearing at Sixways. Need a big step up from last week - that was truly forgettable.

Hopefully we have enough leaders on the pitch to see us home with the W.

Safe travels to all that are going to the match.

#COYW

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 07:58:02 AM »
On a different note. I see the U18's are playing at 'home' today at the Ricoh. I wonder what the attendance arrangements are (parking, seating, costs)?

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 08:11:32 AM »
Morning All, looking forward to riding over later with a couple of mates for my first miles of the year on my motorcycle.

After a unexpected win last night for the Not Nots it would be nice to win this one today and go back above them.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 08:11:47 AM »
Morning Neils, morning all

We so need a win today.

Come on .... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 09:04:20 AM »
Morning all from a grey West Country - safe travels to all

Is it online anywhere today? Don't Worcester have a YouTube Channel ?

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 09:09:44 AM »
Good morning all from a sunless Hastings. Hoping for a good game with a Wasps win. I'll be watching on RugbyPass.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 09:41:00 AM »
Morning all!

I'll be following as best as I can while being the family taxi service.  With a bit of luck I'll have a bt of time to sit in a coffee shop and get on their wifi.

I have no idea at all how we're going to do, I wouldn't be surprised if we were terrible and came away with nothing at all, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it all came together and we played brilliantly.  There's a real feeling that with relegation off the cards this season the pressure is off and teams are free to relax and play the way they really want to.  It certainly seemed to work out for Irish, here's hoping it doesn't for Wuss...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 09:53:51 AM »
Morning all. I had planned to go to this, but unfortunately my wife's mother is starting chemotherapy, meaning we have cleared some weekends in case she is needed to  help out with domestic arrangements.  :(
I am hoping that by the time March swings around I can get to one or both of Irish away and Glaws home, by then the treatment will be more advanced and we shall know with more certainty how much we are needed, if at all.

I must admit that I don't expect our play style to be very attractive given the team we have put out, but I have enjoyed my Sixways visits, very friendly crowd, lovely stadium. I hope those going do the same regardless of the result. It can't be as bad as the New Year game at AP. Anyone recall that?

Part of me just wishes we could get the season over with and start next year afresh. The Saracens thing is part of that, our patchy performances another smaller part, and partly I am hoping that the Wasps squad next year will look more like the future with even more of the promising crop of youngsters in harness and maybe one or two under performers leaving.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 10:01:01 AM »
Also let's hope the plastic pitch doesn't take anyone away.
Let me tell you something cucumber

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 10:04:07 AM »
Morning all, still debating with the missus whether we head over to Sixways as it's only 50mins away. The way we have been playing recently is making me think i'll stay at home and look for a stream to watch and save the £100 it will probably cost to go.

Hope i'm wrong and we get the win but not overly confident.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 10:17:13 AM »
Morning all. Confident of a win today. With the cheats down (is it official it is just them) we can now focus on targeting the top four. We're only 9 points away in a league which is very tight. A couple of wins and we'll be right in the mix.

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 10:33:23 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Good luck to your mother in law WWW, my wife is half way through. FWIW I suggest daily cleaning and disinfection, make sure everyone has flu jab and politely ask friends and relatives to postpone visits if they have been unwell or had sick kids etc.

I was there for SixWades, seems a long time ago now! Tempted to head over on the bike, but timings looking tight. It's a great venue, good food, and promises to be an interesting game.

Safe travels, Come on You Wasps!

Notso
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 10:35:57 AM by Brandnewtorugby »

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 12:28:13 PM »
I remember 6 at sixways. The announcer sounded somewhere between bored and disbelieving! Thanks for the good wishes...