Always a Wasp

Author Topic: This weeks U18 video  (Read 1697 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
This weeks U18 video
« on: January 29, 2020, 10:37:40 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWs3LcXOv38

A bit shaky on the camera. Sale were a good side. A lot of good support play and offloads by the lads.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
Re: This weeks U18 video
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 02:29:25 PM »
10 and 15 looked good.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 03:00:59 PM »
I wish that Wasps had publicised it more.

We would have travelled up from Wycombe if we had known it was on  at the Ricoh.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »
I wish that Wasps had publicised it more.

We would have travelled up from Wycombe if we had known it was on  at the Ricoh.

If you follow the wasps academy twitter they tend to have info.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2020, 03:13:09 PM »
I agree. They did tweet that it was on there, but, even though I asked, no information regarding access, tickets, parking etc was made public. It was almost as if they did not want us to go.

Next up for the Under 18s is Leicester Tigers Under 18s at Aylesbury RFC on Saturday 8 February (kick-off 1pm). Again, no details of entry etc.

A real shame the games aren't publicised. Maybe whoever knows someone high up at Wasps could do something about this?

They sometimes play at Warwick School, which is handy for me as it is less than a mile from my Dad's house, and the parking and entry are free (and they have a great clubhouse and all weather pitch). Plus, going there, I get reminded of the vast gulf in facilities a private school can have compared to a state school - the place is like a modern university.

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2020, 04:41:11 PM »
Also, Worcester Warriors ground, Sixways Stadium, will be the venue for the Premiership Rugby Under-18s Academy Finals Day on Sunday February 16. As we lost to them, I think we are currently one point behind them in the league.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2020, 10:56:09 AM »
I'm pretty sure they advertise the games on twitter, instagram the club website news section & in the fixtures section.
Although I haven't seen a program for a while they used to place news items in there too.

Not sure what further publicity you would expect?

NellyWellyWaspy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2020, 11:49:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure they advertise the games on twitter, instagram the club website news section & in the fixtures section.
Although I haven't seen a program for a while they used to place news items in there too.

Not sure what further publicity you would expect?

That's fine, but I have yet to see details of entry costs (including concessions and, if a home game, if that cost is different for ST holders) nor parking arrangements. For example, this last game at the Ricoh. Was it free entry? Which stands were in use? Was it free car parking (as, except for first team match days, Ricoh parking is an ANPR meter system)? Were any bars or food stands open ....

If I go to watch an A team game at Broadstreet, parking is £5 per car but free for ST holders. No per person entry fee. Food and drinks at the bar. I know, because I have been before, that if the game is at Warwick School, parking is free, if you can find any (none on local streets, and pay car park is half a mile away), entry is free, and they have a clubhouse that might or not have the bar and food available (but normally does).

I have no idea what the arrangements are at other venues. I guess I can ask one of the parents when next I watch a game.

Unless you have seen this noted anywhere?

The 'advertisement' is generally a team list, location of ground and KO time. Nothing else.