Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Quins Sarries  (Read 5524 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Quins Sarries
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2020, 05:18:42 PM »
And, the captain needs to have the vision to make the correct on field calls. Penalty? Kick for touch, tap and go, kick for goal, take a scrum. We have often seen the wrong decision made there. Didn't Dobby make one this last game (a quick tap)?

Taking a scrum is a no brainer if the oppo have had a key scrum player (front row) sent off. It forces them to sub a front row on (often a tired player who has already come off) and leaves them short in the backs. We have seen this in a recent Wasps game, where the wrong choice was made.

The vision to say to the players, we need to change our tactics or the gameplan. This is our biggest leadership failing. We rely to heavily on pre-agreed gameplans with Plan B or C. All it takes is for a player to take a knee down, get the medics on, and the rest of them quickly confer. We have seen plenty of other teams do it.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2020, 05:23:07 PM »
(it was Copthall stadium when I was at school, it'll remain Copthall stadium).

It was the Copthall Stadium when I (many lbs and years ago) trained and raced there.  Thank you for remaining me - happy times.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2020, 06:35:55 PM »
No points for EA games?

Given how EA's "uninterested" played against Quins, is it time to abandon their season? What's the point?

Tough on the EA's less "involved" players - but do we have to risk injury vs a team with little incentive to play?