Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Squad stability.  (Read 3571 times)

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Squad stability.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 09:37:24 AM »

Regarding the general squad stability, I'm happy with it going forward, but I would love to see us sign a proven 12 and/or second row to bolster the squad.

We've suffered in the 2nd row this year with injuries and retirements and at times the cupboard has been somewhat bare which is why I'd like Wasps to do everything they can to keep Tibo. As an academy player he will be on £30k (max) so what should Wasps offer him next season.

If Wasps want to keep him surely a senior contract .. but how much £80k.. £100k.. more??

I can't see him getting much game time if he moves to a Top 14 club and he doesn't seem averse to living in foreign countries. Who knows.. the lure of fish and chips will keep him in England and with Wasps

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 10:12:40 AM »
Seen some comment on twitter about Dai being unhappy with the funding and that we’re up to £1.5m under the cap. All rumour as it stands but I have some reason to why it might be true.

DR might have seen our current squad (especially Willis x 2, Umaga, Vellacott, Wusty, Barbeary, Oghre, Tibo and the other academy promotions from this season) as a squad with enough potential to win silverware within 5 years.

Avoiding what Sarries did when their players started asking for more money when they became successful, DR might see that £1.5m as something for the squad to grow into- therefore not requiring to let the young players go when they ask for a wage that matches their improved ability 2 years down the line.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 10:51:32 AM »
Seen some comment on twitter about Dai being unhappy with the funding and that we’re up to £1.5m under the cap. All rumour as it stands but I have some reason to why it might be true.

DR might have seen our current squad (especially Willis x 2, Umaga, Vellacott, Wusty, Barbeary, Oghre, Tibo and the other academy promotions from this season) as a squad with enough potential to win silverware within 5 years.

Avoiding what Sarries did when their players started asking for more money when they became successful, DR might see that £1.5m as something for the squad to grow into- therefore not requiring to let the young players go when they ask for a wage that matches their improved ability 2 years down the line.

Agreed.