Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Do games behind closed doors loom large?  (Read 3124 times)

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Do games behind closed doors loom large?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 01:09:10 PM »
I would be very happy to pay for a good stream of the game.  I wonder how tricky it would be to set up a PPV event and whether it would be possible with the current broadcast agreement.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 01:12:29 PM »
I would be very happy to pay for a good stream of the game.  I wonder how tricky it would be to set up a PPV event and whether it would be possible with the current broadcast agreement.

Currently BT cover all games with HD cameras so I don't think it would be difficult  even for BT to show / stream all matches. Some are single high level camera but that is better than nothing. Problems come with those with BT subscription and those without.
Let me tell you something cucumber

MarleyWasp

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 01:17:30 PM »

Currently BT cover all games with HD cameras so I don't think it would be difficult  even for BT to show / stream all matches. Some are single high level camera but that is better than nothing. Problems come with those with BT subscription and those without.

To options:

1) issue every ticket holder with a BT Sport account locked down to just Premiership Rugby matches.

2) YouTube.

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 01:22:44 PM »
I was discussing what would happen should matches be played behind closed doors with my Father last night. Our view is that we wouldn't accept a refund from the club given this isn't their fault and the financial implications it will have for the club. Yes we'd lose 5/16ths of our season tickets and car park pass (£164) between us, but we'd also save £116 in future petrol costs plus food etc...

+1

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 01:45:48 PM »
My view is also not to accept a refund from the Club, but I'm sure BT could offer free viewing to Ticket holders - who knows it might even work out a bonus for them in getting more subscribers.