Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Andrea Masi struggling to stay?  (Read 7341 times)

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Andrea Masi struggling to stay?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 11:35:23 AM »
I did this one.

https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/british-citizenship-test-6/

21 out of 24, but I'm a history nerd.

20/14 - I like quizzes

I passed, phew....

20/14? I'm impressed Mike!!

Well, as an accountant, its all in a day's work......

Especially if you're employed by Sarries, eh?  ??? ??? ???

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 11:59:30 AM »
If only!

TBH - I;ve mainly worked in audit....so Sarries might not have been too keen....

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2020, 12:00:44 PM »
Did the quiz, what a load of old cobblers... (and not just because I failed with a miserable 71% - rounded up!  :-[)

History with context to what it means to be ‘British’ or to give insight into how something has come about would be sensible.  Asking people what caused the death of thousands in the 1300’s, or who was the Queen when the first English settlers landed in the East Coast of America has no meaningful relation to being ‘British’ - whatever that may be.

Surely, more questions around the Geography, it’s Citizens, Governance, Historical Trading Relations, Emerging Trends/Sectors would be far more relevant?

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 12:22:34 PM »
It's almost as if nationality is a bit of an artificial construct isn't it, which is really hard to identify, quantify and measure?

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 03:37:00 PM »
Not sure how long Masi has been back in the UK. He can claim Settled Status if he’s been here for 5 years and Semi-Settled status for fewer than that. Not a difficult process. Started that you could only use Samsung mobiles. Agreement now with Apple. The charity I’m involved has just help 3 East European couples who are profoundly deaf get their right to stay.
The citizenship test seems designed to ensure many foreigners fail. A lot of them are essential but low-paid workers in the care & health sectors.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 03:47:01 PM »
The citizenship test seems designed to ensure many foreigners fail. A lot of them are essential but low-paid workers in the care & health sectors.

Impossible to discover but just how many current British citizens would pass? This test should be designed so that most Brits, if not all, actually know the answers!
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2020, 03:53:58 PM »

Impossible to discover but just how many current British citizens would pass? This test should be designed so that most Brits, if not all, actually know the answers!

There are plenty of born and bred Brits who fall some way short of what I would expect from a member of any society regardless of how well they've brushed up on their general knowledge.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2020, 05:01:56 PM »
19/24.  Cocked-up two questions by trying to do it too quickly.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2020, 06:05:39 PM »
Beware of asking for tests that most Brits could answer. We could end up with questions about soap opera's, Love Island and quite possibly football -- in other words, the sort of test where I would be quite relieved to fall into the bottom percentile.

21/24 on the actual test (88%). A couple of mis-clicks in there as well, but hey-ho.  I was disappointed not to get one about the animals I could expect to see at Oxford Circus.