Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 1986 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: February 15, 2020, 07:24:23 AM »
Unlike previous seasons, I shall not be going. I had made that decision before the heart attack happened. I could go. I chose not to.

With today's weather likely to be windy and maybe some showers, kicking will inevitably happen. The question is whether those kicking will adapt to make sure that they do not kick out on the full or over kick to the dead ball zone. Fast and dangerous return runners we do have today. Very high balls are likely to get adrift and so distance rather than height should be the aim. Kicking out to give Tigers a lineout is not such an issue, as long as the ref is on the ball with regard to not straight throws.

I DO hope that our players are intelligent enough to realise all this. But I have my doubts, having watched the English team make such a hash of bad weather tactics last week.

I will be out this afternoon in Leamington, so I will miss the broadcast game as well.

Come on lads. This game defines where we are at as a club.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 07:37:39 AM »
Morning NWW

Just about to walk the dog and it looks to be "the lull before the storm" here. Very still with total cloud and just noticed loads of birds going mental in the sky - strange.

Probably best you don't watch on TV as our team induce high stress levels. Not sure what to think or expect. I hope as professional players they can rise above this week's shenanigans but worry it might adversely impact on them.

To anyone going be safe.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 08:22:10 AM »
Morning all, jobs around the house today with an eye on the score before my rugby club volunteers night later. I'll say it first, going to be one for the purist today.
Safe travels all.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 08:35:33 AM »
Morning Nelly’, morning all

Flying back from Milan this morning, Storm Dennis allowing. Just checked in at Linate. Should be home for the game.

Big match. Not going to be easy, especially with the background issue. Hope the boys heads are in the right place.

Come on .... you Wasps too-loo-rye-aye!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 08:39:45 AM by Chilham »

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 08:40:46 AM »
Morning all from a grey Hastings. Hopefully Dennis won't play too big a hand in the game today. However, it will of course be the same for both teams. No excuses.

Allez, allez, allez.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 08:52:01 AM »
Morning all. Between the cheats and the DY situation this season has become odd. We'd turned a corner but this may come down to how much the DY situation affects the players mindset. On the field we have a really strong team well capable of beating Tigers - but this is Welford Rd where strange officiating happens..........

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 09:15:25 AM »
Morning all,

I’m going out now to walk the dog before the deluge starts.

I’m desperate for a Wasps victory and hope the players are going to do it for Dai.

The Wasps back three will be put under pressure and none have natural kicking ability. I would have picked Rob at full back and played Watson on the wing.

Pleased to see Alo on the bench - he will be looking to remedy last years injustice.

Tigers fans are confident their forwards are going to win this for them. Back row battle will be key. COYW.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 09:25:42 AM »
Morning all from a windy and wet Bristol. I'll be watching on TV - hoping the showers allow a fairly dry dog walk

Hope the game is safe for both teams and given the conditions, no one gets too upset (on either side) about the result and mistakes made. Mistakes will be inevitable - and given how odd a week it has been for Wasps and their players and coaches, let just hope we're all ok on Monday

Good luck to those travelling. Stay safe.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 09:26:34 AM »
Well that was a short lull. Dog and owner hightailed it back to car that is now being buffeted. Glad not driving up to Leicester today. Good luck to travellers and be safe.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 09:55:32 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours.

Looking forward to watching this on tv, might get a wood fire going!

Going to try to enjoy the game and focus on trying to move up the table. Have to admit the removal of relegation risk for us this season is a relief, but has also removed a bit of spice. Worried about backdoor financial ringfencing and of course concerned about what has happened with Dai.

Safe travels. Here's to a great game, may the best team win. Come on You Wasps!

Notso

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 10:09:17 AM »
Morning all.

Hound just walked around the golf course. Not too bad here in S Bucks at the moment but I reckon that, from early afternoon, it will be interesting!

Our boys need to be focussed today. Going to be difficult with what is going on in the background. However, it's a good enough squad to compete well with the Tigers.

Safe travels to all going to the game.

And irrespective of the result, we will be above them in the table come 5pm!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 12:37:12 PM »
Morning, ish. 12.32 counts as almost morning.
Have taken my daughter to visit family in far Essex, so my wife can have some much needed peace and visit her parents when the weather allows, so I won't be attending, but will be watching via BT internet. I expect some stuttering images, and a stuttery game regardless. ...
Safe travels all