Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Tiggers game  (Read 7945 times)

Jack9909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tiggers game
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2020, 04:54:50 PM »
Worst performance of the season (so far) for me. And that's saying something after being at Edinburgh away!

No direction, no leadership, no skills, no accuracy. Damp squib.

Costello and blackett both need to go, and we desperately need some quality coaches.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2020, 04:55:49 PM »
This is a very poor tigers team. Beating us by 9 points. On a positive note, Willis continues to turnover at will. YY gone well too. We are getting what we deserve though. Kibirige should have nailed that in my view. Wasn’t a high tackle. Should have slid in well before

While I agree Kibirige should have scored. He could have probably slid in 20ft in that weather.  I disagree strongly that it wasnt a high tackle. One hand was on the upper arm level with the shoulder, and the other hand was on his neck. That is the very definition of a high tackle.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2020, 04:59:43 PM »
Def not a high tackle for me..its wasnt over the shoulder. Tackling from behind is still legal.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2020, 05:00:39 PM »
It looks as though player fitness is not where it needs to be. Wasps used to target being one of the fittest if not the fittest club in the Prem.

The other major gap seems to be leadership in defence. Under Shaun Edwards, the on-field leader in defence was Fraser Waters. As I understand it, no one has been given or taken on this role in the current setup.

Eezamarlowman

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2020, 05:01:28 PM »
This is a very poor tigers team. Beating us by 9 points. On a positive note, Willis continues to turnover at will. YY gone well too. We are getting what we deserve though. Kibirige should have nailed that in my view. Wasn’t a high tackle. Should have slid in well before

While I agree Kibirige should have scored. He could have probably slid in 20ft in that weather.  I disagree strongly that it wasnt a high tackle. One hand was on the upper arm level with the shoulder, and the other hand was on his neck. That is the very definition of a high tackle.

If that had been a Wasp player making the tackle I would have been really disappointed if it was called a high tackle. That’s the beauty of sport, we all see it slightly different including the ref and tmo. Kibirige should have buried it, nothing to talk about afterwards then. Turning point of the game too

bertywasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2020, 05:03:30 PM »
I m OK with the tackle, but what was kibirige doing not sliding in and keeping a firm hold on the ball.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2020, 05:06:10 PM »
Law 10.4e "A player must not tackle (or try to tackle) an opponent above the line of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders. A tackle around the opponent’s neck or head is dangerous play."

So with one hand level with the shoulder and one hand in top if the shoulder it is by definition a high tackle.

Garuda

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2020, 05:07:37 PM »
I thought we were bad enough last season but this season we seem to be determined to plummet to new depths.

Our defence has more holes in it than my kitchen cullender.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2020, 05:10:12 PM »
Law 10.4e "A player must not tackle (or try to tackle) an opponent above the line of the shoulders even if the tackle starts below the line of the shoulders. A tackle around the opponent’s neck or head is dangerous play."

So with one hand level with the shoulder and one hand in top if the shoulder it is by definition a high tackle.
It may have ended that way, but he was on his way down by then and the ball was long gone. the fact that nearly everyone is agreeing it wan't high kind of puts this to bed and leaves the question as to what the hell kibrige was thinking.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2020, 05:31:32 PM »

It may have ended that way, but he was on his way down by then and the ball was long gone. the fact that nearly everyone is agreeing it wan't high kind of puts this to bed and leaves the question as to what the hell kibrige was thinking.

I get that you disagree. But watch it again and tell me that neither hand was above the shoulder line.

There may have been no malice in it, and the law may be flawed. But if we ignore the laws we dont like then we are no better than Saracens.

He ignored it because the only alternative was to call it a high tackle and award a penalty, which would have been by definition a penalty try.

That would have been extreme as Kiribige should have scored either way. But if we actually expect our refs to apply the laws as they are written then that was high and should have been given so.

Westy68

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »
I didn’t see that as a high tackle, just poor play. Slide in early for Christ sake.

We are a mess, it was the right decision to get rid of Dai, we just need to sack the rest of our coaching staff.

We have too many players that should not be wearing a Wasps top. This has got to change. We are losing the good players and keeping the bad ones.

Terrible season, likely to get worst

WaspsUpNorth

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2020, 05:48:51 PM »
Chances were squandered after a decent game plan first half but the TMO needs to take a long hard look at himself (after he's woken up).  White's tackle was high by the game's definition, got away with it because it was a weak contact, Kibirige may be should have slid in but the tackle was still illegal.  Youngs should be cited for punch on Rowlands.  Those two incidents materially effected the outcome and how we should all be feeling.  Anyway we're still 90 points ahead of the Man City of rugby ;)

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2020, 05:54:13 PM »
It wasn't a high tackle.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2020, 06:22:07 PM »
Like I say, no one else thought it was high so as frustrated as you are i'm not sure your going to get much change from it...there are many other issue's to consider.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2020, 06:28:48 PM »
Kibirige had ample time to dive and slide in, he left himself wide open. Regardless of the debatable tackle height, Kibirige's technique and awareness was poor. We then imploded and Umaga passed it straight to Veainu when he a player in space, game over.

However the turning point for me was the yellow card, that should have been 7 points to us, not 3. I agree with the pundits, Exeter would have taken 5 as a minimum, probably 7. We are too nice and not ruthless enough. Wrong decision and a try at that stage would have given us the psychological edge IMO.

Today was my biggest disappointment this season, we started so well and were well on top. Then we just seemed to capitulate to a really average Tigers team, thank goodness the EAs have gone down.

The board at Wasps have to resolve the amorphous situation regarding the coaching set up and allow the club to move forward.
It was fine when I left it.....