Always a Wasp

Author Topic: New DOR Options?  (Read 16699 times)

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: New DOR Options?
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2020, 09:22:00 AM »

Wasps does need a radical overhaul on the playing side, we have had two diabolical seasons and I am not convinced Howley will be the DoR who delivers that.But.....he is proven and safe usually prevails over risky or radical. I just have a feeling that Wasps will go with safe from a DoR point of view with perhaps a more radical head coach.

I’m not convinced the squad needs a radical overhaul tbh. I see a lot of quality in most positions, although light at 12 and could do with some long term quality depth at 10 for next season (maybe another lock as we always have an injury crisis there).

I think the coaching ideas went a little flat/stale. Players weren’t running onto passes, the defence has not improved as much.

I think a new head could revitalise the playing staff and get back to the top 4 with some smart signings in the positions above.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2020, 09:31:56 AM »

Wasps does need a radical overhaul on the playing side, we have had two diabolical seasons and I am not convinced Howley will be the DoR who delivers that.But.....he is proven and safe usually prevails over risky or radical. I just have a feeling that Wasps will go with safe from a DoR point of view with perhaps a more radical head coach.

I’m not convinced the squad needs a radical overhaul tbh. I see a lot of quality in most positions, although light at 12 and could do with some long term quality depth at 10 for next season (maybe another lock as we always have an injury crisis there).

I think the coaching ideas went a little flat/stale. Players weren’t running onto passes, the defence has not improved as much.

I think a new head could revitalise the playing staff and get back to the top 4 with some smart signings in the positions above.

I didn't say squad, I said on the playing side - the squad on paper is pretty good, however the way they are playing is bang average at best. Therefore something needs to change in the way they play. That can only changed by a new coaching set up, and new ideas.
It was fine when I left it.....

AKWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2020, 10:08:52 AM »

I didn't say squad, I said on the playing side - the squad on paper is pretty good, however the way they are playing is bang average at best. Therefore something needs to change in the way they play. That can only changed by a new coaching set up, and new ideas.

Apologies, fully agree

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2020, 12:12:35 PM »
When SV first arrived a former works colleague, who is a Gloucester ST holder sent me an email saying that "He's the sort of guy who's charming to your face -but you wouldn't want shaking your hand unless you could be certain he wasn't holding a knife in the other one".

I imagine he was brought in to shake up the coaching/support side of the business.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 22, 2020, 04:22:42 PM »
Other than the undeniable privilege of being a pundit on BBC1's coverage of the game today, why is Michael Cheika here in the UK? I know he said (or has already) he is resigning at the end of this season ...

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2020, 04:37:34 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he had expressed an interest. He's either gonna find a club to take on, or give up coaching I'd say. What other options does he have?
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 22, 2020, 04:38:53 PM »
We just turned over and said the same thing. Hearing his grating voice we both said no at the same time!
Let me tell you something cucumber

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 22, 2020, 04:43:37 PM »
We just turned over and said the same thing. Hearing his grating voice we both said no at the same time!

We could do a LOT worse than him. At least his post-match interviews make me laugh.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 22, 2020, 04:54:29 PM »
But we dont have to do alot worse.