Always a Wasp

Author Topic: EA Game Thread  (Read 17836 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Re: EA Game Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2020, 07:06:37 PM »
Just finished watching the full game, what an absolute delight.

Most interesting stat for me was when Shields scored - "2nd Try in 16 Premiership matches".

Only 16. I know he was away with England, not just injured, but not really a good enough return to my mind for the money.

I said that when it appeared. Really not enough return for bucks! Could only improve if he stayed (and playing like that he is welcome).

As much as our back row is blessed with talent and depth, we need to hang on to Brad. He showed his quality on Friday night, his experience and influence also needs to be brought to bear more often. The Saints rumours may have some substance, but the new management team need to prioritise his re-signing....IMO!
It was fine when I left it.....

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2020, 07:40:34 PM »
Just finished watching the full game, what an absolute delight.

Most interesting stat for me was when Shields scored - "2nd Try in 16 Premiership matches".

Only 16. I know he was away with England, not just injured, but not really a good enough return to my mind for the money.

I said that when it appeared. Really not enough return for bucks! Could only improve if he stayed (and playing like that he is welcome).

As much as our back row is blessed with talent and depth, we need to hang on to Brad. He showed his quality on Friday night, his experience and influence also needs to be brought to bear more often. The Saints rumours may have some substance, but the new management team need to prioritise his re-signing....IMO!
I'd agree with you if he could stay fit, but like Gaskell, another quality player, they are just not on the field enough. Some people are just injury prone, Guy Thompson, another quality back row we let go i reckon partly because of his injury history, hasn't played for Tiger for an age, they squeezed a season out of him and now he's busted again. Haskell, made a handful of Wasps of appearances, never off the couch, did the same at Saints .
With a cap in place these are hard decisions to make.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2020, 08:32:59 PM »
Completely agree about Shields. Should prioritise keeping him.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2020, 08:47:49 PM »
Shields is a class act and if Eddie Jones is not picking him then even better for us.