Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Coaching  (Read 4625 times)

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Coaching
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2020, 12:02:44 AM »
Wouldn't be unhappy with Lima at Fullback, why not?

Little Potts

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2020, 10:29:21 AM »
Nor me. When he broke into the senior squad, Cips frequently played fullback and if my memory serves me correctly, he also appeared there for England more recently (under Eddie though, so that could mean anything). Alex Goode seems to move between the 2 positions as well.

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2020, 10:53:28 AM »
Lima from 15 is an interesting idea. He does like to play from deep.
Defensively maybe he could get found out a bit though not that he shys away from tackles but it's a pretty exposed position to play defensively.
Kilbrigie and Carr on friday were both incredible. Was nice to see the likes of Shields, Gopps and Fekitoa both find some form and getting on the field at the same time as one another. I like a lot about Shields and hope he sticks around next year.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2020, 11:47:30 AM »
I like a lot about Shields and hope he sticks around next year.

Me too. The smile on his face when he scored was great and showed decent pace for the second one. If he stays we are well on the way to building a near international class pack with the ability to rotate as required.

Lima playing at FB and a reinvigorated Robson and with Umaga, supported by Jimmy and with Fek too, and we're on the way to rebuilding a team that's one no one will fancy.

And, hell, I'd forgotten about Miller and Minozzi.. blimey

« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 11:52:47 AM by mike909 »

Wasp250

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2020, 12:07:42 PM »
Defensively maybe he could get found out a bit though not that he shys away from tackles but it's a pretty exposed position to play defensively.
Kilbrigie and Carr on friday were both incredible. Was nice to see the likes of Shields, Gopps and Fekitoa both find some form and getting on the field at the same time as one another. I like a lot about Shields and hope he sticks around next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasp250

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2020, 12:09:16 PM »

Lima looked very good at 15 on Friday.  With him wanting to be deep he had the vision to make a few breaks.  Also dealt with a couple of high balls well.

matelot22

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 12:25:12 PM »
Toby Booth to Ospreys just been announced, ending the Dai/Ospreys rumour and the the wishes for Booth to come to us.