Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 3883 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: February 23, 2020, 07:55:14 AM »
I still buy this hoping for news but the continual EAs are hard done by is getting sickening. They even have an article about how great NW is.

Only rumour is we were looking at Booth for coaching but he looks to be off to Ospreys. No mention I can see on first look of Dai leaving.
Let me tell you something cucumber

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 08:17:37 AM »
I still buy this hoping for news but the continual EAs are hard done by is getting sickening. They even have an article about how great NW is.

Only rumour is we were looking at Booth for coaching but he looks to be off to Ospreys. No mention I can see on first look of Dai leaving.

I hope that's a typo and they mean our very own NWW

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 08:20:42 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 08:46:53 AM »

Could be.. I think they are the same age  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 09:36:46 AM »

Could be.. I think they are the same age  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 09:51:38 AM »
I met my wife's cousin at a family do yesterday. She used to work for an accountancy firm that dealt with Mr Estate Agent's non-Saracens companies.

The sums of money [in the 2005-2010 period] being paid to players 'outside the club' was astonishing. Especially the services of a current Ireland coach.

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 10:47:33 AM »
They have cheated and done so for years. Getting such satisfaction watching the boys hand it to them on Friday night. Let's hope they find away to make things worse for themselves and disappear all together from rugby. The league next year will be a better place without them.

I'm still angry how so few questions have been asked to who had knowledge of their activities and their guilt. Itoje for example.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 11:06:38 AM »
They have cheated and done so for years. Getting such satisfaction watching the boys hand it to them on Friday night. Let's hope they find away to make things worse for themselves and disappear all together from rugby. The league next year will be a better place without them.

I'm still angry how so few questions have been asked to who had knowledge of their activities and their guilt. Itoje for example.

Whilst not wanting to descend into another EA thread I do wonder when the RFU are going to bring a disrepute charge against them and their owner.

Skippy

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 12:19:55 PM »
They didn't just cheat for years. They started cheating the very moment the salary cap was introduced in 1999 and were well known for they activities in real estate. At the time, it was considered more of a joke that they threw good money after bad on star names that they couldn't get to play as a team -- Castanets and Broken are a couple of examples from around that time. The trouble started when they started to win stuff and left other teams unable to compete...

The good news, it's all catching up with them, even though they've not been taken to task for every bit of cheating that they've employed over the years.  I really hope the Championship agree on the £2.5m salary cap for next season.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2020, 12:26:55 PM »

Whilst not wanting to descend into another EA thread I do wonder when the RFU are going to bring a disrepute charge against them and their owner.

I don't think they can.. the league is run by PRL (badly).

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 01:12:20 PM »
I gave up the RP specifically because of their sickening pro EA coverage.

Rory87

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 04:52:38 PM »
I stopped my online subscription sometime ago and only buy the paper copy in weeks I’m confident there’ll be some related stories to Wasps or subjects of interest. Went t the shop this morning as was eager to ready their take on our match report but also hope for some rumours on new DORs or coaches, only to find no copies available.

Booth is someone o had hoped we brought in before he went to Quins. Would be very please if we brought him in as a coac.

I do wonder what all this has done to our player recruitment status... will our targets/players we’re in discussion with, now go elsewhere due to the uncertainty of whether they’ll still be of interest by the incoming DOR.... or will we now have players holding off on signing elsewhere to see who comes in (I highly doubt this will happen). With the current DOR status, will we have to accept our recruitment will be sparse this year?

Were there other rumours for other clubs or has it gone quiet across the league?

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 05:21:00 PM »
I too wonder about recruitment conversations. Is it for Vaughan to sell the future to prospective players in terms of training ground and it being a new era? Is he saying Titterel and Blackett will be in place,( hypothetically)we’re bringing in Howley in June and are hoping to bring in a new DOR who is wasps through and through above that to steer the ship.

Just not sure how those conversations can go without someone at the top yet. Same goes with contract renewals and academy progression.
Would take a lot of faith for a player to sign on at the moment from elsewhere with the coaching set up for next season being completely unknown
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 06:59:29 PM by JonnyD »

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 05:49:21 PM »
I suspect a lot of conversations have already taken place and negotiations, if not complete, are seriously advanced.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

FrankWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2020, 08:51:55 AM »
Could the 12 Prem clubs who will be playing on an almost level field next year not change the rules so that any team coming up in future must agree to a 10 year forensic check of books first, sure no-one has anything to hide!!