Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps on Mental Health & Will Wilson  (Read 1419 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Let me tell you something cucumber

Jac A

Re: Wasps on Mental Health & Will Wilson
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 12:17:55 PM »
Thanks for this Neils.

I thought this was a really powerful article from Will Wilson, who seems to be not only articulate but a very decent bloke too. It would be wrong to say I enjoyed reading it but it's one of the best and most considered personal pieces on the topic of mental health I have seen.

On a personal level, it is an experience I can empathise with and the feeling of almost guilt at having depression when your life seems so 'perfect' in comparison to the sufferings of so many others really struck home.

The very best of luck to Will who has looked good whenever I have seen him.

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 03:31:53 PM »
There's been a big push around mental health from veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan because of the high incidence in their community. A recent theme was Strong Not Silent to encourage people to talk and seek help.

Its good that the rest of society is moving in that direction and Will is to be commended for his openness, hopefully it will encourage others not to suffer in silence.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 04:03:59 PM »
That was a hard read from Will. Brings back a few memories I'd prefer to ignore, but shouldn't have.....what struck home was the guilt of feeling depressed when from the outside, everything looks fine. I can relate to that.

I hope it helps people to seek help.