Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Lo-an behold  (Read 1640 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Lo-an behold
« on: February 27, 2020, 09:04:34 PM »
Apologies for another Sarries based post but I was really hoping that the rugby community would desist from the temptation of taking any of them on loan. I see Earl and Malins are likely to go on loan to Bristol. Why would any club consider a loan? They get two non-committed players hanging about waiting for their real club to get promoted. When they do re-emerge they are honed to benefit Sarries again having been kept in Prem condition so that they can compete against the former loan club. The loan club help Sarries and have to re-shape their squad after just one season. I don't get it.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Lo-an behold
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 09:08:39 PM »
You get two young prospects who'll want to do well for you, you also get a year to convince them that they'd be better off with you.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2020, 09:12:54 PM »
You also get two cuckoos who can return with full details of the training and set up of a club. I also thought all clubs agreed not to assist the EAs in matters like loans.
Let me tell you something cucumber

MarleyWasp

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 09:58:08 PM »
I for one hope that Wasps refuse to sign any player from Saracens unless it's on a permanent multi-year deal.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2020, 10:35:22 PM »
I for one hope that Wasps refuse to sign any player from Saracens unless it's on a permanent multi-year deal.

My thoughts as well.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 06:54:47 AM »
I agree, I think Bristol have shown short-sightedness on this and let the rest of the Premiership clubs down somewhat.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2020, 08:13:59 AM »
Wasn't the system of loaning players out something that Sarries, via Venter, were implying that other clubs were using to reduce salary cap calculations.

I wonder if PRL will look at this. The players will still be contracted to Sarries so even though Bristol may be paying their wages (do they have to be the same as what Sarries were paying them?) technically they are still on Sarries books and I presume Sarries could recall those players at any point to bolster their squad if needs be.

I wonder if the rules need to be tightened up? Perhaps if one EPL club loans a player (snr squad) to another EPL club (which doesn't sit right with me - conflict of interests) then whatever the loaned player is being paid at his temporary club, is still added to the salary cap of the club that has the player contracted.

The above shouldn't apply if the player was being loaned to a club outside of the EPL/PRL league i.e the championship, Pro 14. Loaning academy players out to other PRL clubs seems ok to me as well.