Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 1660 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: March 01, 2020, 07:51:56 AM »
Ok no Wasps incoming BUT Blackett being chased by an unnamed Pro14 as well as Coventry. Also says Wasps will only hold on to Titterall and Everard with the rest being let go. Freddie Burns apparently going to try France.
Let me tell you something cucumber

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 08:39:59 AM »
If that's true Wasps must have someone lined up who will bring his own coaching team with him.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 08:41:17 AM »
Twas exactly my thought.
Let me tell you something cucumber

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 09:05:21 AM »
That is very interesting. It sounds somewhat like we're getting it together before putting someone in charge. See Leicester as the way not to do it. We look like we've learned from their mistakes. If this is true.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 10:30:32 AM »
Only a gut feeling but the coaching clear out of Blackett, Costello and Gleason doesn’t suggest to me that Rob Howley is going to be taking over.

It suggests it is someone wanting to come to us with a tried and tested team.

I’m not sure Rob has that team?

Any thoughts?

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 10:34:36 AM »
If that's true Wasps must have someone lined up who will bring his own coaching team with him.

Clearing the decks ready for a new DOR is a good move in my opinion, clean slate ready for new ideas, Titerral has been doing a good job and is well respected in the game and still learning and Everard has a vital role as transition coach (remember that he is from that same Eng U20 group as Jones, Launchbury, Wade, Daly, Farrell and Ford, not as old as he looks and need to keep him)
Costello’s contract is up and if Blackett is being chased by others then good luck to him - just keep letting us play with the shackles off before then.

That’s it though coachwise (edit: forgot Gleason), Baugh is going anyway but maybe the RP means all analysts s&c etc are gone too - hope Masi can stay on

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 11:09:54 AM »
I wouldn't read too much into this.  It's still very early days...
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here