Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Seven things interim Wasps boss Lee Blackett has got right so far  (Read 2167 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Bobby Bridge analyses what the temporary boss has got right so far to help turn around the club’s fortunes.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/wasps-lee-blackett-rugby-news-17899934
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Seven things interim Wasps boss Lee Blackett has got right so far
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 11:48:09 AM »
Pretty good job interview so far :)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 12:18:29 PM »
I really like Bobby as our correspondent and this article again set out his view clearly and without trying to gild the lily too much! Hard to argue against the points made.

As an old prop, I was particularly impressed with our front row performances recently and Biyi was great and makes Brookes job easier - knowing that his back up/TH share partner, is quality. Watching the whole game back from the w/e I was struck just how solid KB is at TH and how the scrum works so well when he is in the right place and Biyi made for a seamless transfer. Hard to underestimate the importance of control in the front row

My biggest joy - is seeing Brad play like the international he ought to be. Unlucky with injury - we have the benefit of a fresh SR star within what is a better back row than England can muster right now (IMHO, of course!) who adds experience and calm to a team that's still finding its feet in the new world of Wsaps right now.

Seeing Lima smile and jump on players who have scored also makes this supporter feel good too. Lets keep going!

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 12:49:02 PM »
I wonder if Bobby, via Wasps, has figures for "minutes played" for this season.

Tibo's playing time for the season so far must be towards the top of the list.

I'm guessing the vote for fans player of the year takes place in late April (or is it after the season ends?).

To this point in the season I'd have Tibo and Willis as front runners

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 01:19:25 PM »
On the subject of props - what has happened with Owlett and J T-A? Owlett was very much in favour, seemed to be doing well, but hasn't troubled the first team in weeks it seems

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 01:45:36 PM »
My feeling is JTA's fitness wasn't/isn't up to the required level (on the odd occasion I've been to the Ricoh this season, I've noticed he is sucking the oxygen in as if he's on top of Kilimanjaro), so Wasps are using this season to get him into shape to last 60 mins or more for the attritional nature of the EPL.

I suspect Alo went through this last season and over the summer and now he's a rock at TH and also is able to pick and go relentlessly from the base of rucks

W2APS

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 01:48:16 PM »
Tibo has got to be favourite for Academy player of the season.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 07:49:38 PM »
I agree that Bobby is doing a great job as the Wasps and rugby reporter for the Coventry Telegraph. His analysis of our recent success is spot on.

It’s nice to see the recognition that Biyi Alo is getting for seizing the opportunity that was given to him by Dai and his team.

Biyi was seen as a journey man who had not fulfilled his potential and a wild card. He showed signs last season that he had some pedigree and right now is an important part of the double act with Kieran Brooke’s. He looks very solid and he’s worrying the opposition. Keep going big man !

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 10:46:25 PM »
Really would like Tibo put pen to paper on a senior contract with Wasps.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 11:04:25 PM »
Really would like Tibo put pen to paper on a senior contract with Wasps.

Seconded - but fear he may be off across the water.
Let me tell you something cucumber