Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Good morning all.  (Read 2884 times)

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
Good morning all.
« on: March 07, 2020, 03:53:29 AM »
Good morning all!
Having a disturbed night and waiting for Lemsip to cool so I can drink it.  Travelling in hope of a win again today - not a habit yet but if we can play like the second half at the Mad Stad and all of the Saracens game I think we will have this one as well.  Three in a row?  A boy can dream!
Safe travels one and all.

And so back to bed ...
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Good morning all.
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2020, 06:45:53 AM »
Morning WW hope sleep came - in the current atmosphere are you sure you should be travelling.

Early match so early dog walk needed. Very still and quiet here so hope that stays around for today's match.

Also travel in hope. Boys have played well in the last couple - dare we hope for three?
Safe travels all.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2020, 07:15:38 AM »
Morning All.

Looking forward to being at this game. It will be a good test of where we are. If the lads can build on the last two weeks, then we can make it 3 in a row.

#COYW

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 07:35:43 AM »
Morning all. The forecast is supposed to be for a relatively nice day so lets hope that makes for a good game and fingers crossed.. another win. I've just had a quick scan of the TV guide. . there doesn't appear to be any PRL games on TV today?

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 07:47:34 AM »
Morning all. Just up, a bit grey, but warmer than yesterday. Let's hope we can do it again.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 07:52:05 AM »
Morning all.

Unsurprisingly I won't be at this one.

I feel oddly optimistic about it though, which probably means the wheels are about to fall off. Another 5 pointer would be amazing though.

Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

NorthYorksWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 08:35:48 AM »
Morning each from a damp and dreary Yorks Dales. No dog walking duties (the Good Lady has drawn that straw today) so easy start. Brekkie then hit the road about 10 o’clock. Travel more in hope than expectation, feel we could just sneak this one if we repeat the Cheats performance. Hope so as I’m introducing a mate to the Ricoh for the first time. Safe travels all, have a good day.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 08:36:55 AM »
Morning all from a chilly but sunny Hastings. Amazing dawn, I was awake too early, Glaws have been out of sorts recently, so we are the form team. Hope it continues.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 08:45:02 AM »
Hi everyone,

Just heard that some of our Gym Club coaches will be missing for various reasons, so looks like we'll have to give this match a miss to ensure we have enough coaches.

The team looks good, let's hope they can continue the good work of the last couple of weeks.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 08:49:06 AM »
Morning all, grey skies but no rain in Coventry, wet on the ground so could make for a slippery pitch.

Feeling confident on this one which may be a mistake but think we have turned a corner. Really looking forward to seeing Lima at 15, think he has played well in the last 2 matches when he has come on.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 09:17:07 AM »
Morning all,
It’s great to hear that fans are willing to travel to the Ricoh from the Yorkshire Dales, the South, Wales etc. to support the team. Safe journey everyone.
I’m travelling with the wife and 2 friends and really looking forward to it.
To be honest I don’t expect a home victory as Gloucester have some exceptional players eg Thorley, Zammit, Polledri and Wasps have some key players missing up front but I go in hope.
 I would swap a Wasps victory for an England victory any time.
Weather is good in Coventry right now for running rugby.

COYW.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 09:25:50 AM »
Morning all.
Am attending my first in a while due to family reasons, my wife' s mum is not having treatment and so she is not needed, leaving me free to attend. Sadly my daughter won't join us- too long day for her with the England game tagged on and a 7.30 start to probably 10 finish. Expect more Welsh indoctrination from her mother at home. Of course she will support whoever wins.

I was stung this morning when I realised my ticket allowed for just a poxy 6 minute changeover time on an unreliable TFL train that is normally reliably later than that. My attempts to reason with with staff were to no avail and I bought an extra ticket from Swansea to Cardiff, a tenner extra. Strangely in the SE when I have missed my advance ticket train they are generally happy to stick you on the next one at least and are not so prissy about advance tix as long as it is still off peak and you are not taking the proverbial.  Pedantry exists alive and well here, the train I am on now is the same company and off peak but gets in with a decent changeover time. Next time I will book from Cardiff and use the regular services via Swansea. Still it is match day atmosphere here as people flock to Cardiff to watch the game clothed uniformly in red.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 09:28:12 AM by westwaleswasp »

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2020, 10:08:21 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Currently sat in a cafe in Warwick and it is also now overcast but everything seems to be drying out.

My wife is still having chemo so I have been agonising as to whether I should go or not because of the Coronavirus. I probably will not go, more to be supportive and demonstrate I am putting her first (however low the risk).

The team look great, and really seem to be clicking. Here's to a great game, but Come on You Wasps!

Notso

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2020, 10:27:24 AM »
Morning all from an overcast but dry South Chilterns.

Brandnewtorugby,
Take good care of your wife. Mine had cancer last year and the chemo knocked her flat. I had to rush her to A&E twice during her chemo with sepsis. Make sure you keep a regular watch on her temperature.

This will not be an easy game today but we've got a strong-looking side out. Front five look particularly good, both starters and bench. We might just do this.

Allez Wasps!

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2020, 10:54:41 AM »
Morning all, best wishes to you and yours. Currently sat in a cafe in Warwick and it is also now overcast but everything seems to be drying out.

My wife is still having chemo so I have been agonising as to whether I should go or not because of the Coronavirus. I probably will not go, more to be supportive and demonstrate I am putting her first (however low the risk).

The team look great, and really seem to be clicking. Here's to a great game, but Come on You Wasps!

Notso
Best wishes to your wife, firstly and secondly. Thirdly I think demonstrating to her that she is more important than rugby is always the way to go, maybe when she is better she will remember and suggest you go off away for a nice Euro tie weekend in France.
I suspect the virus will affect some big sporting events soon, maybe we will all be streaming imatches behind closed doors in a couple of months.
Take care,
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 10:58:47 AM by westwaleswasp »