Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Words Fail Me.  (Read 3967 times)

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Words Fail Me.
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2020, 08:46:14 PM »
On this site, it should only be if it is rugby related and IMHO it does not mean it is rugby related just because it involves a rugby player.  This is rugby site to talk about rugby!!!

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 09:02:22 PM »
That is your opinion Old Geezer and I respect your right to it.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 09:34:49 AM »
Thanks Wiltshire Wasp.  My feeling is really that this site is not the place.  There are plenty of other social media sites more appropriate IMHO and probably they are much more effective forums to do it.  I too shall email my MP because I do feel very strongly about the injustice.  How we treat these brave people reflects this country's much vaunted "values".

I don't expect others necessarily to agree but this is my view.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 09:45:12 AM »
There's a rugby connection to the discussion.  Don't see the problem.  Don't want to join in?  Move along.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 12:42:30 PM »
Chilham, that's like saying that anything at all about anything can be put on this site and if you don't like it "move along".  Also, as for the rugby connection, the issue exists and the fact that it has a rugby "connection" is irrelevant.  The rugby "connection" in substance is nothing to do with the issue.  The issue would be worthy of discussion whether or not it happens to involve a rugby family but in the right place. It doesn't IMHO become a rugby issue simply because it is happening to a family with people who happen to play rugby.  The issue is how our servicemen, rugby or not, are being treated. I am happy to agree to differ with others but let's drill down to the substance.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 12:50:50 PM »
Off topic posts are fine if they are labelled as such.  Usually a simple "OT" at the start of the title is enough.

I just think we should stay off topics that are going to cause heated arguments.  There are other places for that..
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 02:15:55 PM »
Peeps,
This appears to be going nowhere. A social and therefore unavoidably political potential injustice was pointed out and people including me responded. 
The thread and comments have since moved on and to me seem to be going nowhere constructive.  Perhaps if we draw a line and do what we think we need to with regard to the situation?
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

WickedWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2020, 02:40:30 PM »
Thanks for posting. I had a close friend suffer a similar injustice and think it is incredibly unfair.

As for whether it's relevant on here. Seems to be some massive over reaction going on.

Chilham

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 02:49:17 PM »
Chilham, that's like saying that anything at all about anything can be put on this site ...

Not what I'm saying at all.

Don't want to fall out about it.  Let's move on.

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2020, 05:41:55 PM »
No one is falling out!  All views seem to me to be valid.  We don't all have agree. I have seen some real fallings out on this site and they have got very personally abusive. I see The Times has got hold of the story today.  Let's hope for a satisfactory outcome.  I am sure we all agree on that!