Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Glaws sign EA cheat on loan  (Read 3187 times)

13thWarrior

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Glaws sign EA cheat on loan
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 05:06:33 PM »
I'm going to be hugely controversial here..... I don't see the problem and we're being massively presumptuous about which players knew what. Yes I agree that Mako, Farrell and Itoji, etc must have known given the level of salary. However, who's to say a 'squad player' like Singleton would have known? We need to stop assuming that every member of Saracen's squad knew what was going on and is complicit in it. Don't agree with the title of this calling Singleton a 'cheat'.

How is an aspiring player on the cusp of international involvement looking to stay in the spot light with a Prem club, a bad thing.... It's no different to Mark Wilson going on Loan to Sale for a season to ensure he remains firmly in Eddie's plans. No one seems to have kicked off at that loan move.

Don't get me wrong, I hate what Sarries have done and am very pleased they've got the punishment they have. However, I don't feel that every one of their players should be black listed and not allowed to better their career at another club at a critical time of their career.

What happens in a years time isn't confirmed.... a number may move permanently following their loans.

Completely agree. IMO its unfair to call Singleton a cheat when this looks simply like a case of a player on the fringes of England trying to maintain a shot at getting more regular England rugby. I understand everyone's emotions run high at the very mention of anything Sarries-related, but this is hardly a scandal.

wasps

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Glaws sign EA cheat on loan
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 07:41:35 PM »
I'm sure everyone who cared to think about it had some suspicions.

However, I also suspect that outside of the top 5-10 players (maybe 15), everyone else is getting paid a fairly standard wage.

I doubt singleton's wage is much more than he'd get elsewhere.... Especially when we consider what Sale probably paid for JCW, or what Bath paid for Stuart, or Bristol for Nathan.
The same probably goes for most squad players.

Yes, they'll all be riding the same wave that Saracens cheating has created, but they're probably not reaping the same financial rewards.

As for how do Saracens get below the cap when they get promoted, it's simple.
Kruis is leaving, Wigglesworth is probably off by then, Liam Williams has already gone.
They don't need much more before they've reduced their wage by the ~£1m they were done for