Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 2521 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: March 15, 2020, 07:51:36 AM »
Not much for obvious reasons BUT - Charlie Matthew's unlikely to renew looking to move to France. Also Tibo apparently has an offer of £95k from Toulouse on the table.
I would prefer both to stay especially Tibo.

In other news Saints about to be the next to break ranks taking Isiekwe for a year's loan.
Let me tell you something cucumber

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 08:02:13 AM »
That is really annoying because they've been our best locks this season.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 08:11:12 AM »
Hopefully they'll both stay, with Rowlands and Launchers away on international duties, Myall retiring and Gaskell injury ridden we need these two players big time

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 08:34:50 AM »
It's like Whac-A-Mole! I suppose why should the team be any different to life in that respect.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2020, 09:38:40 AM »
Thibaud is worth a higher and longer deal from Wasps. If CM goes then it is easy.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 09:49:37 AM »
Both Charlie and Thibaud have had recent runs of first team games so I’m hoping they are having second thoughts.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 10:34:19 AM »
I can’t see Thibaud staying if his home country clubs come calling.  However I am the person who did not see us winning a game again before the Worcester one so my opinion is not worth much.
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2020, 11:29:53 AM »
Both Charlie and Thibaud have had recent runs of first team games so I’m hoping they are having second thoughts.

Me too, and for two different reasons. Charlie has stepped forwards and has looked (from afar, anyway) to have taken on leadership duties and Thibaud is such a bonus all round player as well as good lock. Its like having two different players on the pitch.

Our scrum has looked solid too and that needs a solid SR. As I know all too well as an old prop!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2020, 12:01:34 PM »
If Matthews goes I’d try to beat Toulouse’s offer on Tibo on a three year deal, knowing we also have Theo and Cardall and a few in the academy coming through to replace Tibo in the squad.
If they both go then, as has been the case for a few years, I think we need to recruit a starting class lineout caller at 5 as the lineout never quite works with Rowlands and Launchbury playing together. Both will also be away in international windows so need another wentzel

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 12:29:05 PM »
Losing them both would be a big shame. Think I'd prefer to try and keep Tibo, if we can keep him for 3 seasons, he becomes eqp, and maybe happy to represent england (at the very least, he's worth more to us).

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 09:51:29 PM »
What's the French policy on international players?

If they need to be in France and Tibo has international aspirations I suppose no amount of money will keep him and fair enough, all sportsmen (and women) want to play at the highest level and to that end I'd wish him well as a home RWC must be very enticing.