Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Not good morning all!  (Read 3344 times)

Davidabricot

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Not good morning all!
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2020, 01:48:09 PM »
Hello there. Here is an advice, please destroy immediately the Channel tunnel. Here in France many people continue to shake their hands, to hug themselves (despite nobody does this normally), and of course, too many people are still making 'la bise'. I'm so ashamed of what is supposed to be my country. Moreoever, there is a wind of hell today. I'm not sure I'm going to vote. I'm supposed to do an internship for my MSc... It was already really difficult to find something in France or in the UK, now I think it will be impossible.

Mankind 0 - Coronavirus 1

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2020, 04:16:11 PM »
Sitting in our hotel room in Lanzarote. Was due back from a walking holiday on Saturday but BA cancelled. Now hoping to be on a flight back tomorrow via Madrid.
Restrictions in place. Don’t go outside, swimming pools closed, even the bar. Allowed out because I needed some more insulin just in case I ran out. Went to the pharmacy, told to stand away from the counter, provided with the same insulin & needles that I buy in the UK - 90% of our insulin comes from the EU. Had to buy “in bulk” so now have extra 4 weeks’ supply. Paid for them so the travel people’s insurers will have to reimburse me. They will do the same with 2 extra nights at the hotel.
So back to solo isolation - though not yet. Have to get some shopping done first.
Interesting that the UK is following some different approaches from other countries.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2020, 04:47:06 PM »
One of the biggest possible problems is banknote contamination.

Can I suggest everyone puts all their banknotes in a sealed plastic bag, and message me so I can come round to collect them and take them somewhere safe!