Always a Wasp

Author Topic: OT Season ended - except Gallagher  (Read 6059 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: OT Season ended - except Gallagher
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2020, 07:32:47 PM »
I don't have one.  Maybe I don't exist!

Of course if you have any social media we have all the information we need about you.

As someone who's day job involves investigations, social media is a gem of a tool. The amount of cases I've gathered evidence for because people don't get the concept of privacy settings is astonishing.

Yep totally. I don't tweet, Facebook or anything. People think privacy settings stop intelligence gathering- quite silly really.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 07:35:28 PM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

MarleyWasp

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2020, 10:20:23 PM »
Facebook has really good privacy settings. If you use them, nobody will see anything you don't want them to see.

The problem/benefit, depending on which side you're on, is many people stupid enough to post incriminating pictures/statuses etc don't use them at all.

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2020, 08:52:43 AM »
The big problem with Privacy settings is that they changed and were made tighter, however there are plenty of sites where archives of pre-privacy versions of Facebook/Twitter/Instagram exist.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2020, 12:47:17 PM »
I see the FA have scrapped everything below the 2nd tier of non-league football with all results voided as if the season never happened.  This despite a few cubs apparently already having secured promotion.  Not a particularly satisfactory solution, but ultimately perhaps the most sensible, however much certain clubs will feel cheated of what they had achieved.  Wonder if the RFU will end up going down a similar route.  Still leaves the question of promotion and relegation between the Championship and Premiership unresolved as it would be ridiculous to allow Sarries to stay up for another season with the deduction still hanging over them, and in that case there will still need to be a replacement.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2020, 07:12:57 PM »
If government persons are now saying that we could be in lockdown for 6 months (which is probably a minimum) then wrapping up this season should come soon. Six months takes us towards the end of September which could mean another late start to next season (if at all). Possibly a shortened pre-season.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2020, 08:45:54 PM »
If government persons are now saying that we could be in lockdown for 6 months (which is probably a minimum) then wrapping up this season should come soon. Six months takes us towards the end of September which could mean another late start to next season (if at all). Possibly a shortened pre-season.

Read the full details behind the headline of this evening's government briefing and in fact what was said was that it could be as long as 6 months before we return to normal life. Restrictions will be reviewed every 3 weeks and any return to something approaching reality will be gradual. Specifically said that it does not mean 6 months of lock down.

What they will be at great pains to make clear is that when restrictions begin to be lifted that we must all resist the inevitable temptation to throw whopping great parties left, right and centre.

Anybody's guess where professional sport might fit into that. Rugby more so than many other sports will need a significant training and conditioning period before they can throw themselves back into full competitive action, whether or not that is played in front of spectators.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2020, 09:05:17 PM »
I seriously suspect the "lockdown" will be far closer to six months than three weeks. Also think the constraints will get tougher more in line with Europe as our fatality numbers rise. Far too many people just sauntering around.