Always a Wasp

Author Topic: 'We want to be self-sustaining' Wasps boss sets three-year target.  (Read 2740 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Bobby Bridge reports:

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/rugby/we-want-self-sustaining-wasps-18055834

Stephen Vaughan came from Gloucester where he was a big success (I think). The fans were very sorry to see him leave particularly to another Prem club. I hope KPP will back me up on this ;)
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 'We want to be self-sustaining' Wasps boss sets three-year target.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2020, 06:47:56 PM »
This is based on the three tweeted Q&A from Monday.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 07:31:55 PM »
He was at Glos, and according to a former work colleague who is a ST holder there, he was very efficient, was well liked by fans, and didn't stand for any nonsense.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 09:37:17 AM »
Its a nice aim to have but I don't think its likley, especially given the outside issues over which management have little control (CCFC/SISU & Global pandemics for exmple)

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 10:47:51 AM »
Its a nice aim to have but I don't think its likley, especially given the outside issues over which management have little control (CCFC/SISU & Global pandemics for exmple)

I believe Sisu submitted their legal claim to the European Commission in March 2019 - and they were expected to respond within 12 months.

If it wasn’t for the coronavirus disruption I suspect all the legal nonsense would be over by now and Wasps could agree a deal for CCFC to return to the Ricoh.

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 11:03:57 AM »
all the legal nonsense would be over by now

Love your optimism there mate  :)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 11:07:15 AM »

I believe Sisu submitted their legal claim to the European Commission in March 2019 - and they were expected to respond within 12 months.

If it wasn’t for the coronavirus disruption I suspect all the legal nonsense would be over by now and Wasps could agree a deal for CCFC to return to the Ricoh.

Remember SISU have said publically that if all normal legal channels fail they will resort to Civil Action. This ain't over by a long chalk

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 11:33:16 AM »
English civil action has a statute of limitation; 6 years. So, come on 7 October 2020.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 11:41:17 AM »
English civil action has a statute of limitation; 6 years. So, come on 7 October 2020.

Sods law it will get a virus extension!!   ;D

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 12:19:39 PM »

Remember SISU have said publically that if all normal legal channels fail they will resort to Civil Action. This ain't over by a long chalk

Publically? Is anyone else missing going to a pub?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2020, 12:44:59 PM »
Nope it is amazing how fast alcohol is delivered just now. Ordered a bottle of Rye at just after 5pm and it arrived from the great Brazillian River at 10am next day.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2020, 06:30:10 PM »
Personally I wouldn't even countenance dealing with CCFC until SISU are gone. It's a bit of a myth that we need them. We make more from the Ricoh when they aren't there - the obvious caveat is that if they get promotion that is less certain.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2020, 06:39:00 PM »
I doubt anything will come from the investigation (we would have heard by now) and it only involves Wasps indirectly.. the case is against Cov Council.

Given how much hassle SISU have put Cov CC (and their tax payers) and Wasps through I can't see Cov FC returning to the Ricoh whilst SISU are still the owners.