Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 5027 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: April 17, 2020, 06:04:56 PM »
Interesting  - advertising a "Wasps Special" within for this Sunday.
Let me tell you something cucumber

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 07:17:19 PM »
Ooh. Difficult for me. I don't want to support them after their sycophantic and mendacious EA coverage, but obviously am interested. Cheers for the heads up. I do hope it isn't a hatchet job coming.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 07:42:44 PM »
Interview with Lee Blackett according to their tweet.

https://twitter.com/TheRugbyPaper/status/1251190686252240896?s=19

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 09:42:00 AM »
And a clue on Lima's status perhaps?

Special: Newly-appointed head coach Lee Blackett outlines his vision for the Premiership underachievers and how he'll use Jacob Umaga and Lima Sopoaga in his plans

I suspect that Lima may have been extended, and that Lee thinks he is the 15 we need (I thought he was excellent, given his lack of experience at FB), with Minozzi playing on the wing?

I do hope so....
It was fine when I left it.....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 08:17:07 AM »
Interesting without much more than in Bobby's interview. Worth posting if somebody has the electronic version.
Thomas Young looks likely to stay, he wants Jimmy to stay and they are putting a good package together for Tibo but understands he has patriotic feelings. Lima looks likely to stay on with his new position suiting him. Doesn't expect many staff changes.

The paper is very thin for the money!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 08:48:49 AM »
The front page is also carrying a plan for the AIs to be binned and another VI Nations tournament played instead. This would potentially screw the clubs yet again.

Still far too many unknowns around. One of them is : how many of it's citizens is our Govt is prepared to kill off an attempt to return to some semblance of normality.

TheTameWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 09:13:43 AM »

Still far too many unknowns around. One of them is : how many of it's citizens is our Govt is prepared to kill off an attempt to return to some semblance of normality.

Really? is this the place to air blatent political nonsense like that. 

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2020, 09:42:56 AM »
Back to TRP. Interesting to see, if true, that Exeter,  Bath and Bristol vetoed reducing the salary cap.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2020, 09:48:42 AM »
Great read.

Lee sounds very positive. He explained that Wasps had been interested in Richard Blaze for some time and they aggressively pursued Pete Atkinson.

The retention of Thomas Young is excellent news.

Im hoping Premiership Rugby will take the opportunity to re-set club finances by reducing the salary cap.

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2020, 09:55:55 AM »
Back to TRP. Interesting to see, if true, that Exeter,  Bath and Bristol vetoed reducing the salary cap.

I wouldn't be surprised by this, as all of the clubs mentioned above must be as near as dammit to the cap, Bristol in particular. I would also hazard a guess that Sale would be none too keen on a reduction as well.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 11:00:59 AM »
All good news for me. Retention of TY would be fantastic. Equally happy with LS staying - going in with him and JU backed up by JG would be great. Plus LS can feasibly cover FB and 12 as well. I know it's greedy but I'd love to see extensions for Shields, Brookes and Carr and a monster contract for Willis.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2020, 11:14:59 AM »
All good news for me. Retention of TY would be fantastic. Equally happy with LS staying - going in with him and JU backed up by JG would be great. Plus LS can feasibly cover FB and 12 as well. I know it's greedy but I'd love to see extensions for Shields, Brookes and Carr and a monster contract for Willis.
I agree. Wasps should also throw the kitchen sink at plan to keep Thibaud.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2020, 11:23:00 AM »
Back to Wasps. Builds a bit on the stuff that Bobby has been saying. Very positive outlook from Wasps.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2020, 11:24:19 AM »
I agree. Wasps should also throw the kitchen sink at plan to keep Thibaud.

Which is what he said they were doing (in so many words) but other factors are in play (ie he is French and wants to play there).

RBB

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2020, 12:15:20 PM »

Carr sees himself as a Wasps player IMO, I am sure he will extend/be extended. I also think Brookes is likely to stay, more worried about Brad as I think he will move to Saints to be with Chris Boyd, no need to relocate and we have good cover in the back row now. I would love him to stay but I fully expect him to move.