Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Tigers Clear Out  (Read 1753 times)

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
Tigers Clear Out
« on: May 04, 2020, 03:08:04 PM »
It was fine when I left it.....

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Tigers Clear Out
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2020, 03:55:06 PM »
Jonah Holmes has been released from the final year of his contract to pursue an opportunity in Wales, in a bid to further his international career.

Good luck to an ex-Waspie.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2020, 05:24:51 PM »
I've always rated Thompstone but I don't think he'd get a game ahead of our current wingers assuming we retain them all.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2020, 06:00:35 PM »
It wasn't too long ago that Cockerill was bemoaning the fact that Leicester were constricted by the low level the salary cap was set at, how times have changed in just a few short years.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 07:44:26 PM »
Shows how bad their recruitment is..or was.
Palota Nou, never available yet re-signed on his lofty 350k, whilst still not avail.
Spencer, the next best thing outside of the injury magnet he was prior to and then with Tigers,
Kalamafoni, the answer at 8 if the question is 'who's about to help me carry my shopping'.
Let May go because he was too much money, yet he scored a bag load of tries, never injured and delivered every week, yet they up Tuilagi's money to an eye whopping 550k, who is away equally as long but injured a fair bit more and rarely turns up for them.
That's without mentioning the Youngs brother..oh my days.

Ironic that 3 of their better players are Wasps cast off, in Homles Eastmond and Thompson...and they let 2 of them go.
The only thing that has kept my spirit up when Wasps were doing bad is that this shambles is doing worse.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2020, 08:54:24 PM »
Hymenoptera, that's what gets me. Leicester losing 21 players, yet last season we were mocked for losing so many great players and unimpressed recruitment? We're not perfect, but at least we're making better decisions. Leicester's board are killing the team and the club. Fingers crossed we don't end up like that.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2020, 08:59:34 PM by HDAWG »

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2020, 10:41:35 AM »
Hymenoptera, that's what gets me. Leicester losing 21 players, yet last season we were mocked for losing so many great players and unimpressed recruitment? We're not perfect, but at least we're making better decisions. Leicester's board are killing the team and the club. Fingers crossed we don't end up like that.

Really don't want to be using Tigers s a benchmark against which to measure the success of Wasps' recruitment and retention! :)

The players Wasps lost over the last couple of seasons has rightly been a cause for concern.  It's not made any better by the fact that Tigers have been worse!