Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Contract status?  (Read 1611 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Contract status?
« on: May 26, 2020, 04:16:13 PM »
Trying to mentally assemble next years squad in my head. Does anyone definitively know the contract status of:
Shields
Carr
Morris
Cruse
Zhvania
T Willis
De Jongh
Johnson

I think I'm ok on all the rest coupled with Mills, Edwards, Barbeary and Simonds in.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Contract status?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 05:12:26 PM »
Cruise extended last year but length wasn't disclosed

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 06:33:32 PM »
Still puzzled by the blurred photo of Lima posted at the end of last week.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 06:39:35 PM »
I know it's due to things we're not aware of, but I wish we'd hear about the rest of the signings sooner. And the gap after last week has disappointed. The suspense is killing me on some.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 07:21:12 PM »
JDJ signed a new deal in early 2019, as did ZZ. However the lengths of the deals were not confirmed by the club. JdJ seems very settled in the UK, however his mate Gaby may be in his ear that French D2 is a good place to be. There is very little ZZ social media activity so that is much harder to call.

If were to guess, on some of the other unanswered questions I would go with;

Carr - will stay, this is a 'must do' deal IMO, he does seem settled in the UK/Coventry and is a standout performer
Sopoaga - will stay
Morris - will stay
T Willis - will stay
Shields - will stay, still in contract I believe for one more year and then more than likley team up with Chris Boyd again at Saints
Matthews - will leave, take the French payday
Johnson - will stay and hopefully become part of the coaching set up, sadly his playing options are limited as we are so strong in the back row and at hooker
It was fine when I left it.....

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 07:22:38 PM »
Anyone looked at the squad less the players who left, added in the new signings & promotions and looksd at what the wriggle room is?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 07:29:39 PM »
Zhvania signed extension alongside AJ. That was after one season, reckon he won't finish yet.

T Willis is interesting. Umaga and Wolstenholme were announced after the core 7 (T Willis, Sirker etc.). Umaga and Wolstenholme get extensions this season, and the other 7 have no announcements made. Sneaky suspicion is Umaga was given a different deal to the other grads, a similar one season deal to Wolstenholme. Basically grads except Umaga are on longer deals than one year.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 07:46:48 PM »
Zhvania signed extension alongside AJ. That was after one season, reckon he won't finish yet.

T Willis is interesting. Umaga and Wolstenholme were announced after the core 7 (T Willis, Sirker etc.). Umaga and Wolstenholme get extensions this season, and the other 7 have no announcements made. Sneaky suspicion is Umaga was given a different deal to the other grads, a similar one season deal to Wolstenholme. Basically grads except Umaga are on longer deals than one year.

I think this is close to the situation.  Promote from the Academy, see how they go and quickly sign up the better prospects up for longer. The rest, still under contra, can see what happens if they go up a gear.
Let me tell you something cucumber