Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Contingency Ticketing Plans  (Read 2166 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Contingency Ticketing Plans
« on: May 28, 2020, 03:27:31 PM »
https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/wasps-confirm-contingency-ticketing-plans/

Premiership Rugby remains committed to completing the 2019/20 season as soon as it is safe to do so.

The Club can confirm, however, that should Covid-19 mean the remaining games of the 2019/20 season need to be played behind closed doors or are cancelled, it will offer current Season Members and Match Ticket purchasers pro-rata credit towards future membership or match ticket purchases. They will also be given an option to donate all or part of their credit balance back to the club, or to apply for a refund.

Options for Season Members & Match Ticket purchasers:

You will be offered pro-rata credit in place of any remaining 2019/20 season matches which are played behind closed doors, at a neutral venue or cancelled. The following options are available to use this credit:

‘Donate’ this amount, or a proportion of it, back to the club, to support Wasps through this very challenging time
As part-payment towards a 2020/21 Season Membership
As payment towards future match ticket and club purchases in 2020/21
For those who prefer, a refund will also be available
All fans who are impacted will be contacted via email with full details once a decision has been made regarding the remaining 2019/20 fixtures. Please do not contact the Ticket Office as it is currently closed.

Seasonal Hospitality Members and those who have purchased matchday hospitality packages will be contacted in due course by a member of the Commercial Team, to advise of the options available. However, the options outlined also apply to those supporters and companies who have purchased hospitality.

Please note that these options will only be available should games be played behind closed doors, at a neutral venue or cancelled.

Stephen Vaughan, Wasps Group CEO said: “By confirming our ticketing contingency plans, we hope to ease any concerns our loyal fans may have and provide some clarity around the questions we have been asked.”

“I hope that our range of solutions will cover off every supporters’ wishes, and rest assured we will communicate any news concerning the 2019/20 season as soon as we are able to. I’d like to thank everybody for their support and also for the continuous well wishes from fans far and wide as we prepare for what lies ahead.”

In addition, Wasps has opted to suspend the launch of its 2020/21 Season Memberships sales in light of the uncertainty surrounding live events due to coronavirus. This decision will be continuously reviewed with a new launch date to be put in place in due course.

Wasps will continue to update our members and fans with information regarding the impact of the Covid-19 virus on the club, as well as the 2019/20 and 2020/21 seasons, as it becomes available.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Contingency Ticketing Plans
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »
I literally just posted (now removed) about this on the BT paying up thread, wondering what people would prefer to do.

Looks like Wasps have covered all bases and have been both open and considerate.  We've been extremely lucky that it's been business (not) as normal my wife and I, so financially we haven't been impacted negatively.  We've spoken about what will Wasps do before this was announced and think we're both happy for Wasps to keep the rest of this years Season Ticket money then buy season tickets for next year as normal.

Although I hope you all are unimpacted by the pandemic, I'm guessing there's those amongst us who have been hit, so curious what the rest of this community are thinking?

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 03:42:14 PM »
I smell a poll thread...

No right or wrong response here, peoples situations are different. I hope that there is an uptake on the donate.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 03:42:41 PM »
I literally just posted (now removed) about this on the BT paying up thread, wondering what people would prefer to do.

Looks like Wasps have covered all bases and have been both open and considerate.  We've been extremely lucky that it's been business (not) as normal my wife and I, so financially we haven't been impacted negatively.  We've spoken about what will Wasps do before this was announced and think we're both happy for Wasps to keep the rest of this years Season Ticket money then buy season tickets for next year as normal.

Although I hope you all are unimpacted by the pandemic, I'm guessing there's those amongst us who have been hit, so curious what the rest of this community are thinking?

We have long agreed that this would be our course of action. No reflection on those that can't.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 03:43:34 PM »
I smell a poll thread...

No right or wrong response here, peoples situations are different. I hope that there is an uptake on the donate.

Start one!!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 04:02:31 PM »
I Don't know how..and I am going to smite you for calling me out  :P

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 04:04:11 PM »
Ha Ha. You said it but I only thought it. There is a Poll button at the top right of the front page I think.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 04:49:28 PM »
I think that covers all bases. There's an option there for everyone. Well done to the club. I imagine there will be an even mix of take up of the three main options.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2020, 04:50:40 PM »
I'm glad that options  regarding choices for re-payment or donate have been included. We discussed this in our family and opted for donate but this will not suit everyone of course so I'm very happy that there will be choices available. Good decision.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2020, 05:17:43 PM »
Think the consideration for me is not about this season's tickets but more about how much we are likely to be able to see next season.

The amount of processes we are having to put into place just to get 10 children into a classroom for a short period of time really brings it home how far the new normal for any sort of substantial gathering is away let alone the old normal.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2020, 06:07:06 PM »
I see Tigers are canvassing for 3 yr season tickets....interesting revenue raiser, in the short term anyway

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2020, 06:07:41 PM »
Entirely personal decision for people.  People wil be in different situations. I am fortunate enough to be retired and so have not been furloughed.  My income is not reduced to 80% of a salary and has not been affected so far although that is always a real possibility if companies find they cannot maintain their payouts etc.

I ca do my bit by donating.

COYW

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2020, 07:15:06 PM »
Ditto

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 07:50:42 PM »