Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ha! Morning All  (Read 1460 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Ha! Morning All
« on: June 06, 2020, 08:52:05 AM »
Twas to be the last home game v Exeter today.

Currently blowing quite hard but blue sky. I can see the weather coming though. Forecast for rain before 10 so dog and have to try to avoid it. Countryside is still quite quiet but hearing a few more planes.

Safe non travels all.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Ha! Morning All
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 09:04:35 AM »
Good morning all from a lovely morning in Hastings. A bit windy and there are white caps out to sea. If that covid hadn't spoiled everything rugby, I am confident we would have ended the season top 4 or even better. In the last 3 games before the shutdown, we were starting to click and were playing some sublime rugby. With Jacob, Jimmy and a resurgent Sopps at FB, we were beginning to tear teams apart. That long pass from Lima to Marcus at speed to set up Jacob for a try has been one of my memories of the season.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 11:28:43 AM »
Yes, I think we would have been top four by now. The biggest frustration of the season (so far) for me is that we didn't see some of the fantastic rugby that we surely would have done had the pause not happened. When things click like they did it can sometimes be hard to recapture. Hopefully we can hit that stride again whenever things resume.

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 11:35:49 AM »
Good morning all from a lovely morning in Hastings. A bit windy and there are white caps out to sea. If that covid hadn't spoiled everything rugby, I am confident we would have ended the season top 4 or even better. In the last 3 games before the shutdown, we were starting to click and were playing some sublime rugby. With Jacob, Jimmy and a resurgent Sopps at FB, we were beginning to tear teams apart. That long pass from Lima to Marcus at speed to set up Jacob for a try has been one of my memories of the season.

Lima confirms one more year this morning
https://twitter.com/LimaSopoaga/status/1269208110662590464?s=19

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 11:44:53 AM »

Lima confirms one more year this morning
https://twitter.com/LimaSopoaga/status/1269208110662590464?s=19

Good news - he seemed a happy chappy over the last few games.
Let me tell you something cucumber

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 12:39:04 PM »
RossM,
That pass from Lima, agreed, and also Jack Willis's intercept and try against the turnip-counters.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 12:47:14 PM »
Very happy with this news. Just need Brad and Nemo now (assuming they are not already in contract for another year).