Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Online viewing of GP matches  (Read 3254 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Online viewing of GP matches
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2020, 04:10:28 PM »
Last time I looked, the NBC package also gives you the 6 nations and Euro games as well... possibly the AI's

I think the deal with NBC was designed to promote the game within the US whilst not predicting that people outside the US would hook into a US public IP addreses via VPN to allow it to be watched outside the US.

I doubt PRL would even know how to monitor this and NBC won't care as long as more people sign up

However will lay odds that CVC will know how to stop it if they wish.

What odds are you offering?

Never ever bet! Where losing money is concerned I suspect CVC will be quite adept at closing off avenues.
Let me tell you something cucumber

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2020, 04:57:06 PM »
I am with BT separate to Sky. is about 20 a month, but my dad can watch on his laptop off my subscription, which makes it reasonable value, considering they have soccer too, and some cricket. I might junk it at some point. Sky were much quicker to offer cash back on the subscription, BT did it later and seemed to be shamed into it.
It is a real shame we have two UK providers now showing roughly the same content as Sky and the terrestrial channels used to do alone across several sports. When the rules splitting the monopoly were bought in, iirc it was at EU rather than UK level,  I would wager many inter corridors of power envisaged more terrestrial TV sport and a grateful nation, rather than a slicing of the same pie between two rival satelite broadcasters and an effective price increase for sports fans for the same amount of sport.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2020, 06:59:10 PM »
Strangely I found it the reverse. BT were open and quickly allowed you to alter your account on the internet whilst Sky had initially to be asked.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2020, 10:08:47 PM »
Last time I looked, the NBC package also gives you the 6 nations and Euro games as well... possibly the AI's

I think the deal with NBC was designed to promote the game within the US whilst not predicting that people outside the US would hook into a US public IP addreses via VPN to allow it to be watched outside the US.

I doubt PRL would even know how to monitor this and NBC won't care as long as more people sign up

However will lay odds that CVC will know how to stop it if they wish.

What odds are you offering?

Never ever bet! Where losing money is concerned I suspect CVC will be quite adept at closing off avenues.
CVC will have no say over NBC's technical platform. Anyway, they are looking to grow the game at a much higher level than this.