Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Anyone expecting new signings?  (Read 3381 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone expecting new signings?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2020, 06:12:56 PM »
I wonder if there were some announcements planned for next week. The Nemo announcement was put out by his new employers, not a leaving announcement from Wasps, almost looked like their hands were forced.

Yes also on the Offy no bye bye comment from the player which is usual. Makes you wonder a bit.
Let me tell you something cucumber

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2020, 06:21:15 PM »
Neils, I was thinking the exact same thing.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2020, 06:34:27 PM »
Ditto

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2020, 11:29:29 PM »
And the pound remains strong against the Rand.

Has Nemo been promised additional representation?

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2020, 11:32:38 PM »
If he asked Wasps for more than they were willing to spend. I'm sure he had interest elsewhere. With the players we've got coming through, it may have just made more financial sense to let him go, regardless of how hard that was.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2020, 11:48:57 PM »
Lots of if, buts, maybe in there. I am sure we will find out more in time about his exit.

I think we might actually get a signing of an older name at some point if the right one comes up and it suits. We picked up some pretty good players when money was tight- Southwell, Betsen, Smith, Goode types. Someone might want another year at the end of an international career without the big bucks. People enjoy playing and experiencing new clubs, or might have connections to the area. A big name mega bucks signing must be out of the question, surely?

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2020, 09:11:27 AM »
Lots of if, buts, maybe in there. I am sure we will find out more in time about his exit.

I think we might actually get a signing of an older name at some point if the right one comes up and it suits. We picked up some pretty good players when money was tight- Southwell, Betsen, Smith, Goode types. Someone might want another year at the end of an international career without the big bucks. People enjoy playing and experiencing new clubs, or might have connections to the area. A big name mega bucks signing must be out of the question, surely?

Sione Kalamafoni has left Tigers, allegedly going to Scarlets but that seems to be taking an age since it was rumoured. He wouldn't have to move house and would provide some strength and experience as cover, just a thought....
It was fine when I left it.....

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2020, 09:20:42 AM »
I we need a replacement surely just promote from within? I thought Wilson looked impressive. Especially given the financial circumstances.