Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Contract Breakdown at Tigers and Irish?  (Read 8841 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Contract Breakdown at Tigers and Irish?
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2020, 10:52:51 PM »
Irish expect to play at Brentford but the stadium is late is it not. Financially could be expensive.
Let me tell you something cucumber

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2020, 06:37:06 AM »
Three of those Tigers leavers are Centres which is going to leave them light in the Midfield when the season resumes. They can thank their lucky stars they can't get relegated this autumn.

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2020, 09:02:33 AM »
London Irish have put three season long season tickets on sale today. Doesn't sound good at all.

Especially when they're about to change ground.  Big ask to expect fans to commit to 3 years at a ground that they haven't even visited yet.  Building stalled during lockdown, so even test events are now behind schedule, so lots of unknown quantities remain around access, traffic, facilities in and around the ground etc etc.

welsh wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2020, 10:00:26 AM »
Seems that rugby has joined a trend which is being followed by businesses (deliberate word) across all the sectors with the impact of Covid on the UK economy. We can't expect the sport to be immune. And Wigan going into administration might well be only the first in football

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2020, 01:47:23 PM »
Interesting reading a few threads on the Tigers board. It seems the players that have not re-signed may be able to force Tigers to continue paying their wages, or sue for loss of earnings/breach of contract. seems to be a right dogs breakfast.
I do wonder how many other clubs have things like this going on, but have managed to keep it quiet?
On the face of it Wasps seem to have done a decent job, just hope that's true & not just good PR....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

wycombewasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2020, 05:53:44 PM »
just another scum lawyer holding his hand out saying give me lots of money, and as for  tuilagi  just greedy 25% of 500000 is 125000 and 50000 of that would have gone in tax so that's a reduction of 75000, of course that's assuming he pays tax and hasn't got an offshore tax haven.

andermt

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2020, 09:18:05 AM »
I see Irish have released 9 players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53291946

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2020, 10:02:22 AM »

Looks like the cull at Irish is far from over yet.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2020, 10:14:00 AM »

Some of those were known about eg Myler and Van der M. Inteseting to see if more go. Their higher earners are untouched so far.

Trevs Big Tackle

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2020, 10:14:45 AM »
It'll be a shame if this is the effective end of Stephen Myler's career. He deserves a big send off when he retires (third-highest Premiership scorer of all-time). Hopefully he can get a contract for next season but there doesn't seem to be many teams hiring...

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2020, 10:23:31 AM »
It'll be a shame if this is the effective end of Stephen Myler's career. He deserves a big send off when he retires (third-highest Premiership scorer of all-time). Hopefully he can get a contract for next season but there doesn't seem to be many teams hiring...

Ealing?

Old Geezer

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2020, 12:14:28 PM »
"another scum lawyer" is really abusive, WycombeWasp.  Lawyers only exist because they have clients.  Perhaps it is the greedy clients who are "scum".  I wonder who else you would refer to as "scum".  Criminals, demonstrators, homeless, poor, disadvantaged etc.  I don't think I would call anyone scum, let alone qualified professionals!!!!!!  It is the language of Momentum and the intolerants. 

Rifleman Harris

• Wasps Rugby Fan and MND Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2020, 12:53:55 PM »
Please lets not get all political on this. There are extremists on all sides of the political spectrum (if that is possible) who are quite capable of using that type of language, not just Momentum, and it really has no place here. 

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2020, 02:01:06 PM »
"another scum lawyer" is really abusive, WycombeWasp.  Lawyers only exist because they have clients.  Perhaps it is the greedy clients who are "scum".  I wonder who else you would refer to as "scum".  Criminals, demonstrators, homeless, poor, disadvantaged etc.  I don't think I would call anyone scum, let alone qualified professionals!!!!!!  It is the language of Momentum and the intolerants.

Perhaps it's the club who have acted in a shameful manner.  Who knows - we don't know the real facts yet.  There have been lots of rumours that Tigers have gone about their business in a pretty unsavoury way.