Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 1530 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: August 02, 2020, 07:50:56 AM »
Paper copy.
No Wasps rumours. We never seem to be involved these days with everyone else bringing in foreign players. At least we are stable.
Gloucester now agree with Bristol on ring fencing.
Interesting bit on possible changes to the Lawas etc with the first point that there will be a gradual decrease in team numbers to the magic 13. Now where do we see that. Others more interesting.

OH - a two page interview with Launch. Incomers lockdown (he enjoyed and got rid of niggles and nappies), back to training (again enjoyable), new forward coach younger that Gopps, re-signing joy, team re- signing and building a squad atmosphere. Unfortunately about halfway it descends into England and Lions guff.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Dgwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 08:44:33 AM »
Cheers Neils. 

I'm not too worried by a lack of signings, given the financial climate and stability of the squad I think it is pretty sensible for the time being.  There is certainly plenty of quality and generally cover, albeit with a couple of light areas.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 10:08:19 AM »
In a lot of ways it's good to not feature in terms of ins and outs. We needed a 12 - got one. We'll need a 2nd row if Rowlands goes. There does seem to be a bit of anti Wasps bias in the press. Or if not anti it's definitely lack of coverage. Not sure why.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 10:41:36 AM »
Not sure if is total avoidance as yesterdays Mail interview Stephen Vaughan about Rugby Union readiness to admit spectators.  He was very positive about Wasps processes and methods. Seems he may be the go to man on these things or it may be his Donkey connection to the Makl.
Let me tell you something cucumber

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 03:28:44 PM »
Not sure it is anti Wasps bias. Maybe with respect to CCFC it has been, but by and large, Sarries shills aside, I think the press are just hunting the stories, and not peddling an agenda against or for anyone. I am quite happy we are not overly discussed.