Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Midweek games ahead  (Read 4383 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Midweek games ahead
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2020, 05:14:57 PM »
I'm still wondering if NBC has their rugby package. What I don't like about Sky or BT Sports is that I'm paying for sport that I never watch (football).. so if I can source a rugby and/or a Moto GP package I'll be a happy little camper
A an NBC subscriber i can confirm the seasons start / end on Aug 16th annually, nice timing, so i'll resubscribe and pay my $79 to get the remaining 20 and 21 season.
Why'd you choose rugbypass over NBC is anyone's guess.

I signed up to Rugby Pass with a very good discounted deal several years ago and the NBC scheme did not exist then. I've thought of changing but haven't actually got round to it yet.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2020, 06:27:23 PM »
If you have circa 50 quid a year in your deal then no need to swap as i think you maybe get a few extra's with rugbypass plus pool rounds of the challenge cup versus only Qtr's onwards with NBC.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2020, 08:40:10 PM »
I'm still wondering if NBC has their rugby package. What I don't like about Sky or BT Sports is that I'm paying for sport that I never watch (football).. so if I can source a rugby and/or a Moto GP package I'll be a happy little camper
A an NBC subscriber i can confirm the seasons start / end on Aug 16th annually, nice timing, so i'll resubscribe and pay my $79 to get the remaining 20 and 21 season.
Why'd you choose rugbypass over NBC is anyone's guess.

I presume you use a VPN to do it. Which one?

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2020, 09:48:05 PM »
Typically windscribe now as their geospoofing is excellent on geo-location devices., but i have used Nord too..both work great.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2020, 08:21:05 AM »
I see Sale intend to see out the Premiership season with a squad of 33 players, one of whom hasn't even got his work permit, yet alone arrived in Manchester.

With six games likely in the space of 24 days maximum, it's going to be very difficult for them to maintain their position in the league.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 08:30:55 AM »
Typically windscribe now as their geospoofing is excellent on geo-location devices., but i have used Nord too..both work great.

Do you watch the games on the NBC package on a laptop/computer (seeing as it needs to be accessed via a VPN) or can you do that via a web enabled TV (I could connect a laptop the the TV)

The one major drawback of streaming NBC via a laptop would be the inability to record games at a preset time (which a BT or Sky box allows you to do), unless there is a way around this problem?

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 09:48:05 AM »
I see Sale intend to see out the Premiership season with a squad of 33 players, one of whom hasn't even got his work permit, yet alone arrived in Manchester.

With six games likely in the space of 24 days maximum, it's going to be very difficult for them to maintain their position in the league.

Agreed, that's why if all our squad stay fit, I reckon we can put in a fair challenge for a top 4 finish.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 10:42:15 AM »

Do you watch the games on the NBC package on a laptop/computer (seeing as it needs to be accessed via a VPN) or can you do that via a web enabled TV (I could connect a laptop the the TV)

The one major drawback of streaming NBC via a laptop would be the inability to record games at a preset time (which a BT or Sky box allows you to do), unless there is a way around this problem?

I can't speak for NBC, but Rugby Pass (Far East) allows all games streaming on demand at any time of your choosing. They are generally kept up for a month (I think). However Premiership Rugby also have all games streaming on demand, but they don't generally go up 24/48 hours after the final whistle.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2020, 10:45:49 AM »

Could be done using screen-grabber software. I have used a few freeware offerings before, and all seem to work ok.

Something I recently found by chance is that Win10 contains a program called Xbox GameBar that is designed to capture Game screens but works well for any video capture. However you need to have a minimum video configuration (it will warn you if you don't).

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2020, 10:57:58 AM »

I can't speak for NBC, but Rugby Pass (Far East) allows all games streaming on demand at any time of your choosing. They are generally kept up for a month (I think). However Premiership Rugby also have all games streaming on demand, but they don't generally go up 24/48 hours after the final whistle.

https://www.nbcsports.com/watchrugby#full-event-replays

Looks promising. They still have rugby that took place in Feb and March (and loads of it!). I wonder if they operate a device quota restriction, like Sky Go. I would potentially need to access the service with 3 different devices (not at the same time)

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2020, 11:38:22 AM »
Midweek games is surely going to put pressure on squad depth. Those sides that have lost a lot of players, or who have few to begin with, are surely going to need to start bringing in players.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2020, 01:15:23 PM »
From the Telegraph:

Gallagher Premiership to return with Harlequins against Sale on August 14
Three midweek fixtures will be introduced for the first time in Premiership history

By Gavin Mairs, CHIEF RUGBY UNION CORRESPONDENT10 July 2020 • 12:37pm

The Gallagher Premiership season is to resume with Harlequins facing Sale Sharks on Friday, August 14 as part of a demanding schedule which will leave some clubs facing a match every four days.

The decision to complete the season in full, including nine rounds and the semi-finals, with the final scheduled for October 24, means the introduction of three midweek fixtures and Monday night games for the first time.

The first match of the resumed season, halted in March due to coronavirus, will see Sale Sharks travel to the Twickenham Stoop for a 7.45pm kick-off, one of four games to be televised live on the opening weekend of fixtures since the league was suspended in March.

Telegraph Sport understands that two games will also be shown live on BT Sport on the Saturday with Northampton entertaining Wasps at Franklin’s Gardens with a 2pm kick-off, followed by Exeter Chiefs against Leicester Tigers at Sandy Park at 4.30pm.

The visit of Saracens to Bristol Bears at Ashton Gate the following day will complete the live broadcast as English club rugby finally hopes to resume the competition after the players returned to contact training this week.

Saracens, the reigning English and European champions who have been relegated to the Championship following their salary cap breaches, are expected to only feature twice in the first seven rounds televised schedule, including their home match against Exeter Chiefs on Sunday, September 13 at 4.30pm.

Sale's home match against Exeter Chiefs will be shown live at 6pm on Friday, August 21, with London Irish's match against Northampton (2pm) and the visit of Bath to Welford Road to face Leicester (4.30pm) making up a double bill of televised matches on the following day.

The first midweek matches to be broadcast live are expected to be Wasps against Sale Sharks on Tuesday, August 25, with a 5.30pm kick-off, followed by Bristol Bears against Exeter Chiefs at 7.45pm. Northampton’s match against Bath on the following day will be broadcast live at 7.45pm.

The fixture schedule will also include a Monday night match for the first time, with Bath’s match against Wasps at the Recreation Ground on Monday, August 31, a bank holiday, to be shown live at 3pm. Bath will also feature in a second Monday night match, against Gloucester at the Rec on September 21, following the scheduled return of the quarter-finals of the Champions Cup on the weekend of September 17/18.

The Monday night action will also see Gloucester entertain Harlequins at Kingsholm on September 14, with a 7.45pm kick-off.

Doubts surround the venue for London Irish’s first home match that is due to be broadcast, against Northampton Saints on Saturday, August 22, however.

Irish’s tenancy at the Madejski Stadium expired during lockdown but construction is not yet complete at Brentford Community Stadium, where they are due to move to.

If the stadium is not yet complete, Irish may have to forfeit home advantage or look for a temporary ground share.

A London Irish spokesperson said: “We’ve been exploring our options and will be in a position to make an announcement on the venue soon.”

So:

15th August - Northampton away 2.00pm
25th August - Sale home 5.30pm
31st August - Bath away 3.00pm

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2020, 01:33:02 PM »
It was Worcester at home after Saints away
Let me tell you something cucumber

MarleyWasp

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2020, 01:37:27 PM »
Those three fixtures are the ones mentioned in the article...

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2020, 02:26:58 PM »

https://www.nbcsports.com/watchrugby#full-event-replays

Looks promising. They still have rugby that took place in Feb and March (and loads of it!). I wonder if they operate a device quota restriction, like Sky Go. I would potentially need to access the service with 3 different devices (not at the same time)
I think some of your question got answered but I watch on multiple devices, Smart TV (with VPN) in the bedroom and living room, Laptop via TV in the man cave and smartphone on the bog.. No need to record, the games are loaded pretty soon, some within 10 minutes of finishing, for viewing. Its a simple service with no restrictions like SkyGo.