Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TRP  (Read 1786 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TRP
« on: July 19, 2020, 08:10:28 AM »
Apparently Lima was lined up for a medical with Beziers but as the monster deal to purchase the team by a UAE billionaire has been scuppered it has fallen through. A number of players have had moves halted. Does pose questions.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TRP
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 08:24:38 AM »
Apparently Lima was lined up for a medical with Beziers but as the monster deal to purchase the team by a UAE billionaire has been scuppered it has fallen through. A number of players have had moves halted. Does pose questions.

Interesting. He's clearly not interested in going back to NZ, so is looking for cash I guess. Might be though that he'd accept a lower contract to stay put if he's comfy.

I'd like to keep seeing more of him at 15, but equally, I'd not want us to blow too much budget on him.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 08:42:13 AM »

More of our players?

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 08:42:56 AM »
A number of players have had moves halted. Does pose questions.

A number of Wasps players or a number of Rugby players in general?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 08:47:09 AM »
Raggs, agreed. He was an excellent in last few games, but he's still pretty expensive for what he is.

But it's interesting he was considering a move.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2020, 09:13:50 AM »

More of our players?

No not at all. Amongst those named are Rokoduguni and Taufau.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2020, 10:55:31 AM »

But it's interesting he was considering a move.

I think its more than that. Aren't medicals normally the last piece in the contract puzzle.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2020, 11:16:26 AM »
BG, oh really? That's even more interesting that he was basically leaving. Wonder what he'll do at the end of this season.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2020, 11:21:29 AM »
Also note that, apparently,  Alex King only became available with the collapse at Beziers where he was all but signed up to be part of the new coaching team.
It appears that the French authorities pulled the deal. Beziers are, apparently, financially stable enough to continue though. Strange goings on indeed.

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2020, 01:17:17 PM »
This article seems to imply that the failed takeover is a disaster for the club https://www.rugbypass.com/news/beziers-prod2-its-five-months-of-discussions-and-dreams-which-have-also-come-to-an-end/ as there are some deep-rooted financial issues.
It was fine when I left it.....

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2020, 01:22:47 PM »
DNACG checks seem to have cleared their financial provisions to allow them to survive. Quite surprised to see that DNACG can reduce a club to amateur status if they do not approve of a club's financial provisions - would have a field day over here.