Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Levi Douglas: STC  (Read 3151 times)

will311293

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Levi Douglas: STC
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 03:08:39 PM »
Wasps site says second row but t'internet says back row for Bath.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 03:26:14 PM »
He's not a Saffer!
Let me tell you something cucumber

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 03:34:48 PM »
Definitely not a saffa

RBB

• It’s like trying to tackle a snooker table!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 03:39:19 PM »
I had an inkling this was happening, I can't recall where but Paolo Odogwu referenced him in a post on social media. He has been playing second row since he left Oyonnax. I expect Lee is running the rule over him, prior to any long term commitment as Tibo and Rowlands are still potentially fluid in their future arrangements.
It was fine when I left it.....

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 03:43:45 PM »
I had an inkling this was happening, I can't recall where but Paolo Odogwu referenced him in a post on social media. He has been playing second row since he left Oyonnax. I expect Lee is running the rule over him, prior to any long term commitment as Tibo and Rowlands are still potentially fluid in their future arrangements.

Unexpected signing but I believe he has potential?

He has the chance to win a permanent contract so hope he seizes the opportunity.

Welcome Levi.

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 03:50:35 PM »
Is this the rumoured signing or do we think there might be a more permanent additional (saffa) signing?

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 03:51:42 PM »
Mixed views on the Bath board about him.

Levi Douglas: Wasps sign ex-Bath second row on deal until end of Premiership season

For me he is one that got away. Loved his hard hitting aggression but obviously never fancied by those in charge. Wish him all the best at Wasps.

Good signing for them and hope it leads to something longer term. Think levi is more than good enough for the prem personally

I wish him well, but never had same opinion as you both about him.

Lovely bloke, looked the part, but felt he missed that extra bit to make a top class second row and always felt he went missing for periods when I saw him play.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 03:55:00 PM »
Interesting with these "incomers" where it leaves Theo who when given the chance played a blinder against Agen.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 04:20:29 PM »
Interesting with these "incomers" where it leaves Theo who when given the chance played a blinder against Agen.
Agree with this but in other outings went complete missing, so who knows.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2020, 04:35:01 PM »
The club have confirmed a squad of 46 to finish the season: https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/wasps-confirm-squad-for-remainder-of-201920-gallagher-premiership-season/

This suggests nobody else is coming in.

We only have 6 recognised back rowers which is a concern as I think back row is one of the more injury prone positions.

Curiously it lists Flament as being part of the senior squad, yet his biography is still listed under the Academy squad (which has not been confirmed for next season yet). Could it be a sign that he has signed a senior contract with us?

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2020, 04:41:43 PM »
Marley Wasp,

I'd love it to happen, but I reckon it's a gradual transition to senior squad. I think the same happened to Willis where he never officially graduated, but played so frequently in the senior squad that he just became a senior squad player.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2020, 04:51:25 PM »
Marley Wasp,

I'd love it to happen, but I reckon it's a gradual transition to senior squad. I think the same happened to Willis where he never officially graduated, but played so frequently in the senior squad that he just became a senior squad player.

Also hope so. However, I understood (could be wrong) that a player had to see out his Academy contract (and lower fixed wages) before moving up. It may be different for a foreign player. Strange though as he said in the French Rugby media that he would see out his Wasps Academy contract (Summer 2021) before deciding on his next opportunity. Hope he has changed and stays!!

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2020, 04:59:49 PM »
The club have confirmed a squad of 46 to finish the season: https://www.wasps.co.uk/news/wasps-confirm-squad-for-remainder-of-201920-gallagher-premiership-season/

This suggests nobody else is coming in.

We only have 6 recognised back rowers which is a concern as I think back row is one of the more injury prone positions.

Curiously it lists Flament as being part of the senior squad, yet his biography is still listed under the Academy squad (which has not been confirmed for next season yet). Could it be a sign that he has signed a senior contract with us?

That is a very good squad. I fancy that coaches will give a good number the opportunity to show their capabilities.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2020, 07:48:39 PM »
Bath fan on Reddit described him as such:

"Got the impression that he was highly regarded a few years ago, but hasn’t progressed as hoped. Decent defender, but he’s a big dude and rarely made an impact as a ball carrier. Change of scene and coaches and the motivation of fighting for a longer deal might do him good"

Fair enough.