Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2699 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Morning All
« on: August 16, 2020, 07:15:19 AM »
Seems strange this. Not cold, not windy, but damp and with the possibility of thunderstorms this afternoon. COYW.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2020, 07:25:56 AM »
Morning NWW and all.
Very odd this. Nice to see rugby back but didn't really enjoy yesterdays games - probably expected too much. We are overcast and very still after yesterday's biblical storms - centre of city underwater with floating in the Tesco aisles and more threatened today. Glad I am not allowed to drive to the Ricoh actually.

Hope the team gells and produces a good game (or is let to by the ref). Not hopeful on the score but we will be gathered around the screen with fingers crossed COYW.
Let me tell you something cucumber

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2020, 07:36:43 AM »
Morning All.

Looking forward to the game this afternoon, but like Neils, the 3 televised games so far haven't exactly been a good advert for the game of rugby. That being said, they are classic "1st game of the season" encounters.

Lets hope Wasps hit the ground running.

Wombles

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2020, 07:58:55 AM »
Morning to one and all Waspies from a grey but pleasant Guildford! Oh how I have longed for this morning! But after 163 days since the lads in black and gold ran out we are back! I can truly say that I have been looking forward greatly to this and my pre match ritual! The coffee is on the go, the rugby paper ready to be absorbed, toast with some local preserves to be eaten, and then a meet up with my mother and her dog for our Sunday walk before coming home to settle in as our lads take on Saints at the gardens.

Both teams are reflective of what a prolonged period of rest can do, virtually all to select from, and with the compressed season and shorter rest periods Lee Et al will be negotiating this is a selection designed to hit the ground running! Umaga and evergreen Gopps in the 10, 12 axis has been so effective, and I will be fascinated to see how they ignite the back line, move the forwards around the field, and also how they face off against The fantastic but more pragmatic Bigger and Francis...A truly mouthwatering battle. Wherever you look there are fantastic match ups, Harrison v Shields, Laws & Ludlum against Willis and Young’s...With the old laws around the breakdown FINALLY being applied will the absolute Jackling ability of our flankers, our ability to stay on our feet in the ruck And our desire to have a higher ball in play time gain us momentum and points to get a win? Yes many penalties have been conceded over the (re)opening weekend but the long term benefits will outweigh the current inconvenience of temporary ill discipline as players finally play to the rules officials needed to apply many many moons earlier.

Like others I will yearn for the day of open turnstiles, a steaming hot tea and half time pie whilst wrapped up in my wasps scarf and cap whilst being surrounded by fellow wasps and rugby brethren. But until that day comes (and it will!) I can wait and simply enjoy seeing our lads run out into battle once more! So with absolutely no apologies for the overuse of the capitals and exclamation marks.......

COME ON YOU WASPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Chris

Once a Wasp ALWAYS a Wasp!
 :)

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 08:23:25 AM »
Morning all.

Yes, it does seem strange. Hopeful that we can a result today. Will have to follow social media feeds for updates as I no longer have BT Sport. Will watch the highlights tomorrow on C4 (or C5?)

Stinging Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 08:39:25 AM »
Morning all. Great to be back on a match day. Hopefully lockdown training has gone well and we can pick up where we left off. A win would be ideal but a LBP against a strong Saints team wouldn't be a disgrace. COYW!!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Chunky24

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2020, 08:47:05 AM »
Morning all, looking forward to the game particularly as a break from exam grades over the past few days.
Safe travels to the sofa all.

Steve from Cov

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2020, 09:10:06 AM »
Morning all,
This is a difficult result to call.
I’m delighted that Joe is around to set the tone for the team.
I’m hoping Brad can take that next step and grab the headlines in the way he did in NZ.
I can’t wait to see Ben V and Ryan M come off the bench and add something more.
I’m looking forward to seeing Jacob compete with Biggar.
If Jack and Thomas can adapt quickly to the new breakdown interpretations I reckon we could nick this - as long as Naiyaravoro stays seated.
Dinner is already in the slow cooker so I’ll be on my sofa early.
COYW

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2020, 09:12:21 AM »
Morning all. Really looking forward to this and with real optimism. As well as quality players we seem to have developed an esprit de corps that often makes sports teams something special. The games so far have been poor.......but they didn't have us in them.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2020, 09:15:40 AM »
Morning all!

I'm expecting a lot of rust and a loss. I'm hoping for no rust and a brilliant win. Can't wait!

MarleyWasp

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 09:22:45 AM »
Morning all from Hertfordshire.

I see today's match going one of two ways. It'll either be a dominant Wasps performance and a bonus point win, or a scrappy performance where we give away soft tries and leave without a losing bonus point.

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 09:29:56 AM »
Morning all!

It feels very strange to be saying that at last, but i'm determined to enjoy it regardless of the result.

Like Raggs I'm hoping for a lot, but not expecting much. As long as we play with some coherence I'll be happy.
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2020, 09:45:31 AM »
Morning all. Was up late last night and was tempted to start the thread at 2 AM, but thought better of it.

I will be watching delayed as am heading back from the channel islands. BT set to record, unless the thunderstorms last week have upset the dish.

I don't think anyone can reasonably predict a result after this lay off- thanks to Wombles for the count back to when we were last in action- 163 days is a very long time.
Hope everyone enjoys the game regardless.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 09:47:06 AM by westwaleswasp »

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2020, 09:58:46 AM »
Good morning all .... at last.  Wet, damp and soggy here - and the weather is much the same..  Hope it is dry  and kind at 1500 in Northampton today. for the players sakes;  it will make life much easier for them.  Greatly looking  forward to watching (albeit from  the settee ) no matter what the outcome  but hoping it'll go out way.  Stay safe Wasps, and safe journeys! AllezAllezAllez and  C O Y W ............................

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2020, 10:02:15 AM »
PS:  I  meant  'our' of course  ... not 'out'.