Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning All  (Read 2996 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Morning All
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 10:12:26 AM »
Mornin' all from a gloomy and damp Hastings.  Though we managed to avoid the monsoon downpours, we've had plenty of rain in the past few days. Not surprising really as we've just purchased and are having an irrigation system (porous hoses) installed in the garden. Oh well, there's always next year.

Back to the rugby. If we can play with the same verve and invention that we did 5½ months ago, then we should get the win and possibly a TBP into the bargain. However we'll probably be rusty (as will Saints), so it's anybodies game. Be interesting to see how Karl Dickson refs this one.

Allez, allez, allez. Wonder if we'll hear some from the 'crowd'.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2020, 10:34:58 AM »
"Allez, allez, allez. Wonder if we'll hear some from the 'crowd'."

BT have been doing some interesting stuff with crowd noise. They've taken the audio from the corresponding fixtures last year and playing it in the background, even to the point of clapping and cheering when there's a break etc. I can't decide if I like it, its weird hearing cheering whilst looking at an empty stadium.

The rugby hasn't been great this weekend but its been like after a few weeks without a drink, the first pint always tastes good, unless its Badger beers, the equivalent of Sarries winning.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2020, 10:41:26 AM »
Morning all once again

No idea what to expect - the momentum that had been building will have been blunted perhaps? And this could (of course) go anyway. I expect us to come up a little short this time, but hope to be really wrong...like I was pre playing Sarries

The games so far have been rust strewn, with Exeter looking most fluent, eventually.

Breakdown still a mess - the basics of ONLY first person to tackle being allowed to use hands, with that privilege ending with second player....it surely can't be that difficult..can it?

Watching on BT...reallly could do without the crowd noises - the Bristol game ones sounded daft..well to me

Think we'll miss Carr, but looking forwards to seeing Brad take on the 8 short today.

COYW

Brandnewtorugby

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2020, 02:27:15 PM »
Afternoon all, best wishes to you and yours. I watched Friday's game and the Chiefs game yesterday. One of the benefits of not being an expert on rugby is that I thoroughly enjoyed them both! Back to watching live games and loving it. Just settling down for the biggie.

Enjoy all! Come on You Wasps!

Take care,
Notso

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2020, 02:58:22 PM »
Few minutes to go and I suddenly feel very very nervous!

Vespula Vulgaris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2020, 02:59:34 PM »
I've literally never felt this tense about a game!
Please consider supporting the forum in 2022! Donate Here

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2020, 03:01:54 PM »
I've literally never felt this tense about a game!

Wasps knock out games, England knock out games, but that's about it.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2020, 04:52:33 PM »
Morning all from Hertfordshire.

I see today's match going one of two ways. It'll either be a dominant Wasps performance and a bonus point win, or a scrappy performance where we give away soft tries and leave without a losing bonus point.

Called it...

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2020, 05:05:41 PM »
20 points from our last 4 games.