Always a Wasp

Author Topic: The first yellow  (Read 5732 times)

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
Re: The first yellow
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2020, 01:59:18 PM »
have a look at prem rugby tv full match, 56m 49sec into the video (not the match) they show the foot in the face from another angle, looks pretty awful to me, don't know how the commentators never commented on it, I don't think that angle was shown during the match, could be the reason, definitely deserves a citing.

When I did the exams for my High Perormance Coach that sort of scenario was covered as "recovery from a stumble" (don't get much tackling in gymnastics!). The only outcomes are to "just fall" or to bring a leg forward to try to push upright, thus preventing a fall, but also losing virtually all momentum.  Trying to pushwith a trailing leg will only accelerate the fall.

Not saying he wasn't trying to prevent a fall, but there's no way he could have, using that technique.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2020, 04:19:52 PM »
The same panel are hearing the charge against Melani Nanai of Worcester at 6pm. Would expect a verdict either just before or after the Nanai hearing.

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2020, 10:22:48 PM »
Any info surfaced yet?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2020, 10:28:45 PM »
Can't find any. Yet.
Let me tell you something cucumber

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2020, 11:01:40 PM »
I was also looking at the RFU disciplinary sub-site, and couldn't find anything yet.

However reading some of the other things on the site I would imagine that, when Sale come to play at the Ricoh, the atmosphere between Stephen Vaughan and Simon Orange will be interesting, following some of the comments the latter made about Stephen Vaughan during the Van Rensburg double contract case.

Also I noticed that Tom Rees is a member of disciplinary committee and is training to become a ref.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2020, 07:47:35 AM »
Unusual for nothing to be out yet. Wonder if there was a discussion about how a week or two now is different from earlier in the season.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2020, 08:32:26 AM »
I can't remember who it was (it might been Tindall on the The Good, The Bad and The Rugby Podcast they've just brought out), but one of the Podcasters spoke about how much the disciplinary process must cost the RFU and the Clubs both in pounds and pence as well as time and that it should be a key area for streamlining.

It is a bit ridiculous, these things shouldn't take so long - Not for two fairly straightforward cases like the two scheduled for last night.

Had a browse through some of the cases published on the RFU website, even for games like Barnstaple v Maidenhead there's a pretty high level of detail.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2020, 09:31:49 AM »
Unusual for nothing to be out yet. Wonder if there was a discussion about how a week or two now is different from earlier in the season.

Why am I not surprised that this hadn't occurred to them before the process started  :o
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2020, 09:47:01 AM »
I think, like all these things, possible legal implications means that all the correct legal processes have to be followed & be seen to be followed. Any missed steps in the process leaves them open to potential legal challengers from the team & individuals involved.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2020, 11:12:22 AM »
I suspect that we will hear today. Don't forget, this was being done on 'paper' and not an actual meeting, so Fekitoa has to be sent the outcome, and confirm he has received it, before it will be announced. My guess is that it will be a one week/one match ban, so he will miss the Wuss game, but be OK for the Sale game (as one week would expire before the Sale game anyway).

Somebody at HQ will be quickly issuing guidance around the week versus games issue. They might move forward with x weeks/x games (same number), whichever occurs first.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2020, 11:52:09 AM »
BB on twitter says he has contacted the RFU and it will be later today due to "Paper" as NWW says.

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2020, 12:08:07 PM »
BB on twitter says he has contacted the RFU and it will be later today due to "Paper" as NWW says.

Such an RFU way of doing things.  Why can't they do it over a Zoom call to conduct the relevant interviews and information gathering.  Take a recess to discuss amongst themselves, then serve the findings back to the Player and Club Representative(s) before publishing their PDF.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2020, 12:17:27 PM »
Zoom? Computers? Internet? what, what ... this is the RFU we are talking about here ... none of this new fangled nonsense please.