Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Ref v Wuss  (Read 1423 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Ref v Wuss
« on: August 19, 2020, 12:08:03 PM »
Bobby reports on Twitter that we've got CMK. Frankly, I don't know if this is good or bad :-\

I'll post the rest of the officials when I get them.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Heathen

• View Profile
Re: Ref v Wuss
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 12:15:15 PM »
CMK since the FG fiasco has been average IMHO.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 12:42:14 PM »
Adam Leal and Rob Warburton assistants.

Keith Lewis TMO.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 12:48:02 PM »
TBH the only ref I really never want to see reffing a Wasps game is JP Doyle, every one else does OK IMO.

JP Doyle should be removed from the prem refs & moved down to a level which befits his ability, that said I'd be concerned if he was reffing a local u9s touch game so maybe just fired as a ref full stop?

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 02:07:24 PM »
Doyle is part of the old school refs club (Barnes might be slipping into it) where he tries to be the players best friend.

I've only watched snippets of the other games but I didn't hear or see much back chat aimed at Dickson from either Saints or Wasps which is refeshing.

Some squads seem to have players who are constantly in the ear of the ref.. appealing, questioning every decision.

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 02:12:59 PM »
TBH the only ref I really never want to see reffing a Wasps game is JP Doyle, every one else does OK IMO.

JP Doyle should be removed from the prem refs & moved down to a level which befits his ability, that said I'd be concerned if he was reffing a local u9s touch game so maybe just fired as a ref full stop?
+ 1000000000000000

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 05:29:56 PM »
I'll be cheering on the touch judge. Played touch rugby with Adam Leal, and I know he occasionally trains with my local club as he's a local boy. There's a kid who was playing who was dodging around like a maniac, outpacing us all. Leal comes to play one week and has him in his pocket. Footwork and ludicrous pace. Think he had a bad shoulder injury which is why he went into reffing.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 06:05:11 PM »
Generally fans can place too much on the ref. choice.

Sure JP is pants nowadays, I am sure I remember him being better than he is now and I don't want to see him anywhere near us, but overall we win and lose by our efforts rather than poor reffing. Most of the refs I am ambivalent about at worst. CMK's style is not to my taste, but hey ho, he is young and has time to get better.

A poor ref can certainly spoil a game as a spectacle, of course, but generally I don't fear specific refs, JP perhaps excepted nowadays.