Always a Wasp

Author Topic: One match ban  (Read 1576 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: One match ban
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 04:19:14 PM »
Fair enough I suppose. Some refs might have been tempted to red card Malakai for his tackle on Dingwall which would have been IMO an injustice. Well he'll miss the next game against Wuss - with rotation he might not have been selected anyway.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Bloke in North Dorset

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 04:21:33 PM »
I suppose its better now with a fully fit squad of backs rather than at the end of the season when there might be injury problems. As they say in the round ball (or used, to I lost interest about 20 years ago) at least its cleared the slate.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 04:41:11 PM »
3 weeks condensed to factor in three matches for Melani Nanai, with the following explanation:

If this case had been decided in times prior to the present COVID19 global pandemic, the effect of our decision would, in the normal course of events, be that the Player would not be allowed to play for 3 weeks. As is well known, the delayed resumption of the Premiership has been accompanied by a compressed fixture list which means that the Player falls to miss 4 matches (which fall within the next 3 weeks). This would be the equivalent of a 4 week suspension in normal times. That is plainly not our intention. In accordance with submissions made by the RFU, we direct that the Player is suspended from playing for 3 matches, namely, 21.08 v Wasps, 26.08 v Harlequins and 30.08 v Exeter Chiefs. If there is any change in the fixture list then the Panel may have to reconsider this to ensure the sanction remains a meaningful one. The decision to apply this sanction in matches is not intended to create any precedent outwith the resumed 19/20 Premiership Season.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 04:42:39 PM »
Yet the Marler ban stood and he missed no games.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 05:04:13 PM »
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 06:28:55 PM »
Could have been worse. I'm sure it won't stop him putting in more robust tackles. Let's hope De Jongh has shaken his muscle strain off.

Peej

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 10:40:23 AM »
Or a chance for Spink, perhaps

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2020, 11:55:52 AM »
Those tackles put me in mind of Chris Bell who also used to come up with some shuddering hits.
Good player and great bloke too.