Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Goodbye JP...  (Read 5371 times)

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye JP...
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2020, 10:09:45 AM »
BdB, could we have a statistical analysis please [!].

Ignore all the 2 or 3 game refs and use 7 games as a minimum.

Someone on this site should have the skills to do this - not me.

MarleyWasp

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2020, 10:46:09 AM »
Have we really won all 11 games with Foley as ref? Lets hope he remains on the Xmas card list  ;)

As I recall, BdeB posted that in the days after the Leicester match last season and Mr Foley was our ref for the next game we played, Newcastle at home.

We lost with a last minute penalty...

BdeB

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2020, 12:51:05 PM »
BdB, could we have a statistical analysis please [!].

Ignore all the 2 or 3 game refs and use 7 games as a minimum.

Someone on this site should have the skills to do this - not me.

I did this March 2019 so it will have changed. But my analysis is that the more of our games a ref officiates the more their stats should resemble the overall average. JP had reffed a lot of games for us and yet our win percentage when he did was well below the average.

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2020, 01:47:02 PM »
Never forgive him for sale away.Should have been gone after that performance.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2020, 02:02:08 PM »
Was that the one where we were all over them for 20 mins and their fans were moaning about it......Cips got clobbered, yellowed, ref missed a red and the game lasted till we lost? Or was that a different one?

Hymenoptera

• Trevor Leotas Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2020, 02:16:30 PM »
So many to choose..says it all.

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2020, 02:33:44 PM »
So many to choose..says it all.

LOL. How very true.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile

bigad82

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2020, 04:55:35 PM »
Was that the one where we were all over them for 20 mins and their fans were moaning about it......Cips got clobbered, yellowed, ref missed a red and the game lasted till we lost? Or was that a different one?
That's the one and the clearing out off the feet that was right in front of him on at least 3 occasions.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2020, 05:20:17 PM »
I see the RFU are sticking to their principles:

"With the Rugby Football Union cutting costs in many different sectors, the report that they will not be reducing free trips for its council members has not gone down well. One figure in the game that has already voiced their opinion is former England Sevens head coach Mike Friday.

He has described his disbelief at this decision in light of what has happened to the seven-man format of the game in England over the past weeks.

Alongside cuts to the community game in England and the redundancy of referee JP Doyle this past week, the England Sevens programme was scrapped at the beginning of the month as the RFU face losses of up to £107million as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.

In spite of this, it is reported that the 55 members of the RFU council have rejected the proposed cuts to their expenses budget which covers trip to away Six Nations matches and stays in luxury hotels.

Friday took charge of England Sevens between 2004 and 2006 and is currently the head coach of the USA, so he will obviously have a keen interest in the development of the game. He outlined his dismay at this RFU council decision on Twitter, saying: “I hope this isn’t true considering what has happened in the community department and to the 7s teams.”

Given the abnormal circumstances that many unions find themselves in due to the pandemic, a period of belt tightening was expected, but there are some decisions that will be far more palatable to the rugby community than others.

Already England sevens stars have voiced their displeasure at being stood down by the RFU. Some have been able to secure contracts elsewhere, but others have been left in a far more precarious position.

The RFU’s initial decision to sever ties with the sevens programme rankled quite a few people in the game given the benefits and opportunities that sevens provides, but responses like Friday’s will surely intensify in view of this latest report.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2020, 05:27:16 PM »
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 08:40:13 PM by westwaleswasp »

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile