Always a Wasp

Author Topic: TH for Tuesday?  (Read 1868 times)

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
TH for Tuesday?
« on: August 21, 2020, 11:29:29 PM »
Looking round the squad for Tuesday we seem well covered everywhere but TH. With Brookes injured and JTA playing a lot of minutes in the last two games what do we do? JTA & BA 40 mins each? BA & Owlett? I think Owlett has to play - and although it's risky I'd pair him with JTA.

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: TH for Tuesday?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 12:28:25 AM »
Think we’re well covered everywhere until we get a potentially long term injury as we have at TH.
We have four THs and four LHs who all on their day are good enough to start. Brookes is out for a while so the other three have to step up. Owlett has not been noted as injured so will imagine will bench on Tuesday, maybe with JT-A to start.
Looked like Alo was taken out of the action today when the scrum looked a bit of an issue.

Stang

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 12:39:05 AM »
Is it Loosie where Sale have a few issues?
They have Oosthuizen starting out of position I think, may help us out a bit if they are a bit weaker one side too.
Does make you think some sides may struggle and games be decided on availability of decent props and hookers.

Did our scrum go better when Gaby was in at 2 in the final few mins too? I think I noticed a difference.

ricohchezwasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 06:59:41 AM »
McIntyre can cover TH too

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2020, 12:39:16 PM »
Thought he and Alo struggled at scrum time a bit v Wuss. Our front row options are much better than they have been for a while though and I'm really enjoying West's work at the scrum.

Stang

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 03:44:36 PM »
Agreed. But Big Mac and Biyi have looked good before. Maybe some game time will have helped?

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 04:20:07 PM »
Quite possibly. Alo, I think in particular needs game time. Think we'll see some of Owlett soon as well.

13thWarrior

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 05:15:54 PM »
I'd go with JTA. He seems on form and loving it at the moment so I'd ride that wave. Yes he has played in both games so far but not full games and I imagine he would be chomping at the bit to start.

backdoc

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2020, 05:29:12 PM »
I like the plan of starting Alo/Owlett and having JTA to come on and deal with any problems. The converse is not so attractive.

Raggs

• Global Moderator
  • Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2020, 05:35:37 PM »
I think start either JTA or Alo, and have the other come on. Owlett then can start the next game.