Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Morning all  (Read 2935 times)

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
Re: Morning all
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2020, 12:48:57 PM »
Potentially, in the very local vicinity of the Ricoh as opposed to Coventry in general, it could be dry all afternoon. Somehow the rain often goes around the stadium.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2020, 02:00:09 PM »
A belated morning to all.
It is incredibly windy here.
I will not be watching- I have BT via Sky but the BT app for windows does not appear to show it, and there does not appear to be a red button function with the game on, whilst I don't want to watch on mobile.
I think the game is on BT app on android systems.
I will wait for highlights or full match replay. I have the time right now before return to school to wait and watch at leisure (and if things go badly there I might have more time afterwards... :().
So I will see you on the other side, I hope.
Enjoy for those watching.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2020, 02:07:54 PM »
Belated good morning from me also. I too am a little confused by the BT Sport Extra availability. I'm on holiday with a laptop in Pembrokeshire and I have BT Sport package. Is Sport Extra a paid for upgrade or should I be able to watch it?

Back to the game itself, it's very difficult to predict a result when the players have had so little game time together or game time at all for several months so it's fingers crossed the errors are few and injuries are fewer.

NellyWellyWaspy

• Getting older a couple of minutes every day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2020, 02:10:50 PM »
I will not be watching- I have BT via Sky but the BT app for windows does not appear to show it, and there does not appear to be a red button function with the game on, whilst I don't want to watch on mobile.
I will wait for highlights or full match replay. I have the time right now before return to school to wait and watch at leisure (and if things go badly there I might have more time afterwards... :().

From BG:

If you have a BT Youview TV box (and I'm presumming this is the same with a Sky box with a BT sub) the extra channels aren't near the main BT sports channels..

Wasps is on Channel 452 (as opposed to the noprmal 409) on the BT YouView box if you don't want to bother with casting from a laptop/phone to your TV

From me:

On your computer, BT Sport Extra 3 is here:

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/live-now/bt-sport-extra-3

From Neils:

On Sky it is BT3 red button dead easy.

Stinging Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2020, 02:26:30 PM »
Afternoon all! Off to East Anglia today so won't be able to watch the match live. Besides, with our very ill cat in hospital fighting for his life it would be difficult to concentrate anyway. Hope he pulls through and that Wasps give us a double celebration.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2020, 02:52:59 PM »
Afternoon all! Off to East Anglia today so won't be able to watch the match live. Besides, with our very ill cat in hospital fighting for his life it would be difficult to concentrate anyway. Hope he pulls through and that Wasps give us a double celebration.

Sorry about the animal BUT we do get TV in East Anglia - just thought the point needed making!
Let me tell you something cucumber

St Bruno

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2020, 04:48:21 PM »
What????
TV and the new-fangled electricity thingy?

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2020, 05:00:19 PM »
Yas sar we sure do.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 05:03:12 PM by Neils »
Let me tell you something cucumber

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2020, 05:26:19 PM »
Thanks for all that.
I know that you cannot record BT red button in advance on Sky, unlike bbc red button. Bt extra is not on my sky Q box either. Will try the red button tonight.

I note that whereas last week the extra games were advertised as both red button and BT extra, this week the promo advert I saw just said BT sport app/BT extra, nothing about red button. Maybe it is all the same thing.
Once again, thanks.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2020, 10:07:52 PM »

From BG:

If you have a BT Youview TV box (and I'm presumming this is the same with a Sky box with a BT sub) the extra channels aren't near the main BT sports channels..

Wasps is on Channel 452 (as opposed to the noprmal 409) on the BT YouView box if you don't want to bother with casting from a laptop/phone to your TV

From me:

On your computer, BT Sport Extra 3 is here:

https://www.bt.com/sport/watch/live-now/bt-sport-extra-3

From Neils:

On Sky it is BT3 red button dead easy.

Thanks Nelly

BG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2020, 11:58:09 AM »
I have a feeling Sky haven't allocated channels for the BT Sport Extra channels on their spectrum.. or BT don't want to pay extra for those channels to be allocated slots considering they are hardly ever used (that and Sky don't really want to be allowing a competitor using their infrastructure.. but that works both ways.. I doubt BT are happy about Sky selling their FTTC product)

After this season concludes I think I'll be going down the NBC route