Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Teams Ups for Sale.  (Read 4963 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Re: Teams Ups for Sale.
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2020, 09:05:05 AM »
So what do we take from the fact that Sops has dropped out of the 23 for what looks like an 18yr old? injury, form, rotation..

Great news for Atkinson but can’t be doing much for the confidence in Lima.

Hardly. Lee will be counting the minutes and he will (I expect) need him for the next game. Selection criteria is entirely different at the moment.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

JonnyD

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2020, 09:11:08 AM »
So what do we take from the fact that Sops has dropped out of the 23 for what looks like an 18yr old? injury, form, rotation..

Great news for Atkinson but can’t be doing much for the confidence in Lima.

Hardly. Lee will be counting the minutes and he will (I expect) need him for the next game. Selection criteria is entirely different at the moment.

Will have to wait and see I guess. I have a suspicion that it could well be Watson next in line for a FB start

As great as this is for Lee acknowledging the talent and potential that Atkinson has he is completely untested at this level apart from the last few weeks of training and an A league game earlier in the season. This is a massive call leaving Lima out, especially against a very physical Sale team
« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 09:18:41 AM by JonnyD »

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2020, 09:51:13 AM »
With Minozzi playing in each of the 1st 3 games. Lima will be the starting fullback next game.

Minozzi was taken off early in the 2nd half against Saints and was barely on long enough to break sweat against Worcester, so no reason why he shouldn't be raring to go.

After this evening we have a 6 day turnaround before Bath on BH Monday which is nothing out of the ordinary, but then Sarries, Tigers and Bristol come in very rapid succession.  Will be interesting to see how Lee approaches that block of 4 games.  Will we still see what we have through these first 3, with essentially a 1st and 2nd team, or something a bit more fluid?  And which of those games do we target with a full strength XV.  I'm sure he'll fancy our 2nd string's chances against Tiggers, but the other 3 will all be tough.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2020, 10:22:40 AM »
I think he'll continue with the two team intention but as injuries accrue they will effectively merge towards the end into an available squad. Most teams will be the same. Then we've got the semi and final to factor in!!

Tervueren

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2020, 10:31:17 AM »
I think he'll continue with the two team intention but as injuries accrue they will effectively merge towards the end into an available squad. Most teams will be the same. Then we've got the semi and final to factor in!!

Don't forget how quickly the next season comes along, once 2017 is avenged there is the defence of the title to start strongly.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2020, 11:31:34 AM »

Don't forget how quickly the next season comes along, once 2017 is avenged there is the defence of the title to start strongly.
Yes indeed! Problems, problems!

DGP Wasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2020, 11:43:52 AM »
Met Office have now issued an amber warning of wind from 2-10pm today that covers most of Wales and a broad band right across the Midlands with Coventry slap bang in the middle of it.  Gusting up to 50mph, with rain expected around game time.  Conditions will be very difficult.  Hopefully doesn't put the game in jeopardy as postponements in high winds are usually in respect of spectator safety which isn't an issue currently.  If we start losing games to the weather then rescheduling will be a nightmare.  So much for summer rugby on fast grounds!  And we'll still have 2 mandatory water breaks!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2020, 04:31:39 PM »
Daniel du Preez has failed a late fitness test and is replaced at Number 8 by Jono Ross, Jono Ross is replaced on the bench by Lood de Jager, who will wear the number 20 shirt.
Let me tell you something cucumber