Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Teams up for Bath  (Read 2379 times)

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
Teams up for Bath
« on: August 30, 2020, 12:01:23 PM »
SOPOAGA
KIBIRIGE
FEKITOA
MILLS
WATSON
UMAGA
ROBSON
WEST
TAYLOR
ALO
LAUNCHBURY (C)
GASKELL
J WILLIS
YOUNG
SHIELDS

OGHRE
MCINTYRE
TOOMAGA-ALLEN
ROWLANDS
T WILLIS
VELLACOTT
GOPPERTH
MINOZZI
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Teams up for Bath
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 12:04:11 PM »
About as strong as we can.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 12:07:45 PM »
The oppo.

BATH RUGBY SIDE TO FACE WASPS
15. Anthony Watson, 14. Ruaridh McConnochie, 13. Jonathan Joseph, 12. Josh Matavesi, 11. Gabriel Hamer-Webb, 10. Rhys Priestland, 9. Ben Spencer; 1. Beno Obano, 2. Tom Dunn, 3. Will Stuart, 4. Josh McNally, 5. Charlie Ewels (C), 6. Zach Mercer, 7. Sam Underhill, 8. Taulupe Faletau

REPLACEMENTS
16. Jack Walker, 17. Lewis Boyce, 18. Christian Judge, 19. Elliott Stooke, 20. Miles Reid, 21. Max Green, 22. Max Clark, 23. Tom de Glanville

Bath Rugby make 12 changes to the side as the Blue, Black and White prepare for the visit of play-off rivals Wasps at the Rec on Bank Holiday Monday (kick-off 15:00, live on BT Sport 1).

Director of Rugby Stuart Hooper has made a host of changes from the side who claimed the 18-3 win against Northampton Saints on Wednesday evening.

Beno Obano retains his place in the side after earning a Man of the Match medal last time out and is joined by Tom Dunn and Will Stuart in the front row, while Josh McNally and Charlie Ewels replace Will Spencer and Elliott Stooke respectively.

Zach Mercer moves from No.8 to openside, accompanied by Sam Underhill at blindside with Taulupe Faletau at the back of the pack.

Rhys Priestland and Ben Spencer reignite their partnership at fly-half and scrum half respectively as they both return to the starting line-up.

Gabriel Hamer-Webb returns to the fold after impressing last time out against Northampton Saints, as does Ruaridh McConnochie, who replaces Semesa Rokoduguni.

Josh Matavesi is back in midfield, partnered with Jonathan Joseph. Anthony Watson comes back in for Tom de Glanville at full-back.

A notable return sees Max Green on the bench as the scrum-half returns from injury.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 12:09:17 PM »
That is a strong home team! Might need to open the wine for that one.
Let me tell you something cucumber

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 12:12:54 PM »
Massive clash of the back rows!

Interesting match up - Tom West v Will Stuart.
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 12:13:15 PM »
As strong a side as we can put out with a bench able to make an impact

A little view of the future at 10/12/15 perhaps and three first distributors.

We'll still need to keep the ball moving to move their pack around, but not forgetting that they don't exactly lack for gas in their backs so accuracy will be needed to.

Feeling nervous already.......

Rossm

• Hey, Slow Down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 12:17:03 PM »
And of course, sibling rivalry - Marcus v Anthony. Sounds like Shakespeare ;D
SLAVA UKRAINI!
HEROYAM SLAVA!

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 12:21:21 PM »
Really happy with our 23. Injuries aside that's as strong as we can field. Happy to see West start as outside of Brookes I think he's our best scrummager. Alo/JTA will need big games at TH. It's a strong Bath 23 as well. Massive back row battle in store. It was interesting watching Sale yesterday that they only went for breakdowns where they had a real chance of a turnover in order to cut their pens down. Think we might need to do the same. It will be hard enough to wrestle field position off Bath without gifting it them. Final thought - as a pair of wingers I'd say Watson and Kibirige is about the best combo in the league.

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 12:25:19 PM »
. It was interesting watching Sale yesterday that they only went for breakdowns where they had a real chance of a turnover in order to cut their pens down.

It shows good learning - it's how the Mitre 10 games last season were played as unless you are first to the tackle, you risked getting pinged if you went for the ball, with hands. The pace of ball to the attacking team increased too - making for space. So going for the ball, with little hope of winning it, also weakened your own defence.

Lets hope we're learning too, and the refs.......

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2020, 01:27:53 PM »
Hope Umaga has  got his self belief back; very happy to see Tom Willis included, albeit on the bench. That match is going to be one heck of a battle methinks.

HDAWG

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2020, 01:42:47 PM »
Hope we see some creativity with Mills at 12, not really seen too much from him yet in that department. I'm a lot more nervous about this game than the Sale one.

coddy

• Wasps Rugby Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2020, 06:41:47 PM »
I thought we'd beat Sale and lose to Barf. Let's hope my predictions turn out to be 0 from 2.

Wiltshire Wasp

• Loving Coventry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2020, 06:52:27 PM »
I thought we'd beat Sale and lose to Barf. Let's hope my predictions turn out to be 0 from 2.

+ 1
“In a world full of Kardashians be an Audrey”.

westwaleswasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2020, 07:04:09 PM »
I would like to think that we won't be as bad as last time regardless of the opposition we face....

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2020, 11:54:15 PM »
I have a concern that Bath will be the more physical side and make it difficult for us to play front foot rugby as happened against Sale. If we keep the tempo up up and move them around, we will win.