Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Wasps need a Hooker  (Read 3634 times)

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Wasps need a Hooker
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2020, 07:44:45 AM »
I think Barbeary will slot in like a glove and deal with anything that is demanded of him physically.

Agree but we lost two in one game. He and Cruise can handle most probably but one more injury and we are deep in the mire. The amount of time Gabriel was out suggests he will be weeks rather than days.
Let me tell you something cucumber

baldpaul101

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2020, 08:41:42 AM »
It really depends on how long Oghre & Taylor are out for. Wasps can last a few games with two hookers & crossed fingers but any longer is very risky IMO.
Ashley would appear a really good option, even if not fully fit. Him off the bench with 20 to go would be great to see!

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2020, 08:50:42 AM »
TT looked nasty. It wouldn't be a stretch to suggest he is out for the season (it's only a few weeks away after all). Gabriel was out for a significant time on the pitch. He won't be ready for this weekend and probably the Tigers match. The next one is Bristol and that is more than the 6 days needed for a "normal" concussion but maybe he got a big bang and may require longer.

Shugs

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2020, 09:09:59 AM »
I initially thought Taylor's was a contact injury on his shin but on the slow mo it's obvious he turned his ankle. In my experience they can either be relatively quickly shaken off or take a very long time to get right. Hope it's the former although the boot suggested otherwise.

WonkyWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2020, 09:13:55 AM »
Errrr  ...any hookers going spare at EAs???      (I think I'd rather have toothache) 

Heathen

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2020, 09:17:53 AM »
It really depends on how long Oghre & Taylor are out for. Wasps can last a few games with two hookers & crossed fingers but any longer is very risky IMO.
Ashley would appear a really good option, even if not fully fit. Him off the bench with 20 to go would be great to see!

I guess it depends how the pair of them come through ongoing assessments. Gaby, I believe, was actually 'out' so different protocols may apply to him. TT has a history of concussions. Fingers crossed thay are not out for long. However, health is paramount and they will be very carefully assessed by our medics.

Neils

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2020, 09:44:16 AM »

I guess it depends how the pair of them come through ongoing assessments. Gaby, I believe, was actually 'out' so different protocols may apply to him. TT has a history of concussions. Fingers crossed thay are not out for long. However, health is paramount and they will be very carefully assessed by our medics.

TT wasn't concussion twas an ankle injury so depends how severe. A "boot" could be an immediate precaution.