Always a Wasp

Author Topic: Match Fred  (Read 18421 times)

mike909

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Match Fred
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2020, 01:14:39 PM »
Yeah - I mean I was surprised for almost a nano second - the same people who suggested we should "draw a line" under the salary cap and that considering Farrell had laid out both Robson and Anthony Watson with similar assaults - I was just being picky.....

MarleyWasp

« Reply #151 on: September 07, 2020, 02:12:42 PM »
Just been told by a Sarries supporter elsewhere, that in suggesting Farrell never even looked to make a legal tackle, I was "seeing what I wanted to see and that my view was nonsense"

Oh well, glad I was put right.......

I saw a Saracens fan in Tesco yesterday morning. He told me I supported a "thuggish bunch of cheating c**ts with a toxic environment" and that my club will gets what's coming to it.

Not quite sure how he managed to confuse me for a Saracens fan as I thought it was fairly obvious who I supported from the picture I took when I got back to my car...

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 07, 2020, 02:25:09 PM »
Just been told by a Sarries supporter elsewhere, that in suggesting Farrell never even looked to make a legal tackle, I was "seeing what I wanted to see and that my view was nonsense"

Oh well, glad I was put right.......

I saw a Saracens fan in Tesco yesterday morning. He told me I supported a "thuggish bunch of cheating c**ts with a toxic environment" and that my club will gets what's coming to it.

Not quite sure how he managed to confuse me for a Saracens fan as I thought it was fairly obvious who I supported from the picture I took when I got back to my car...

Sounds like a charming chap.  Should have proven him right and lamped him.... either that, or have gone and brought him a congratulations on the new home card!

MarleyWasp

« Reply #153 on: September 07, 2020, 02:28:53 PM »
I just laughed at him and walked off.

In other news, Umbro have produced a special shirt for Mr Farrell...

InBetweenWasp

• Wasps Rugby Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2020, 02:37:16 PM »
Ha! I think he needs one that forces his arms out more like!!

RogerE

• Old Wasps Player (Not saying which team and when!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 07, 2020, 09:53:34 PM »
Finally got to watch the match this evening.

One thing that stood out for me that illustrated how things have changed in the management style: would you have seen the coaches celebrate a try the way Blackett and Costello did when Dai was in charge?